Vlad

I have just cut my toe nails. 

In the living room! 
Fang der Wunderhund ate them 
As edgy as you can get right?
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

dextrous63

dextrous63

I have received an online letter confirming my repeat procedure to be carried out in a month.

Such a catchy little name for it....

Oesophagogastroduodenoscopy with dilatation.

Vlad

Today, I ran out into the garden whilst there was a thunderstorm and lightning and rain, I shouted  at the sky, ' I bloody dare you, go on! I bloody double dare you!' 
Nothing...Thor the thunder god didn't want to mess with me. 
Radical or what? 

dextrous63

Radicalous to the n'th degree.

You've never lost your warlord tendencies Vlad.

Vlad

I should have been a Viking, I quite fancy the lifestyle, drinking, whoring, lots of punch ups, but I am not good in boats, I always throw up when I cross the channel. 

klondike

If you want to really throw up crossing the channel use the hovercraft. If it is still running of course. I did once and came back on the ferry rather than use it again. They pretended it was a flight rather than just getting chucked from wavetop to wavetop. I reckon one bloke must have upset the stewardess. He ordered a vodka and orange. She poured it into a glass on the table. Right to the brim. I doubt 25% made it down his throat.

Talking of which is Dex's tab open again? If so I'll try one of those now please plus a drink each for those either side of the bar.

Vlad

Quote from: klondike on August 12, 2024, 12:33:43 PMIf you want to really throw up crossing the channel use the hovercraft. If it is still running of course. I did once and came back on the ferry rather than use it again. They pretended it was a flight rather than just getting chucked from wavetop to wavetop. I reckon one bloke must have upset the stewardess. He ordered a vodka and orange. She poured it into a glass on the table. Right to the brim. I doubt 25% made it down his throat.

Talking of which is Dex's tab open again? If so I'll try one of those now please plus a drink each for those either side of the bar.
I will pop into the JN in a bit and try one of those, I was under the impression that hovercraft journeys were really smooth and fast, that stone skipping effect you describe would not be my choice. 

dextrous63

I found the hovercraft a horrible experience.  The tunnel led to it being obsolete.

Vlad

I don't do tunnels either...I think it's genetic, my old man was a miner before joining the military.

klondike

I think the hovercraft comfort was very much governed by wave height. If it got too rough they suspended the "flights". The one and only time I tried the thing it was horrible.

dextrous63

Quote from: Vlad on August 12, 2024, 01:50:28 PMI don't do tunnels either...I think it's genetic, my old man was a miner before joining the military.
Were you allowed to say what mode of transport you weren't inclined to use when you were in the military?

Could you ask for a personal lectica, with aircon, carried by virgin slaves while another nubile young lassie peeled grapes for you to nibble on?

Vlad

No, I was Army, it's a lot different in the RAF

dextrous63

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..