Living on the Edge

Started by Vlad, August 06, 2024, 01:09:32 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 12, 2024, 04:10:14 PM'Aw, there's lovely'
Am sure it was just some medic who made it up to compete with the train station in Anglesey.

GrannyMac

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 12, 2024, 10:30:23 AMI have received an online letter confirming my repeat procedure to be carried out in a month.

Such a catchy little name for it....

Oesophagogastroduodenoscopy with dilatation.

Sounds like a village in Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿☺️
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 12, 2024, 06:00:09 PMSounds like a village in Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿☺️
I bet he wishes it was.
A horrible flexible tube down the throat, winding back and forth almost all the way to the backside.
Well, perhaps I exaggerate a little.  Just after the stomach, actually.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Thank heavens for sedatives.  

klondike

Give them a chance and they'll ram anything up any orifice they can find and if there isn't one conveniently placed they'll make one at the drop of a hat.

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 12, 2024, 06:59:32 PMThank heavens for sedatives. 

Two or three years ago, I had the camera down the throat job, too  - without any sedatives.

So there!   

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on August 12, 2024, 08:22:16 PMGive them a chance and they'll ram anything up any orifice they can find and if there isn't one conveniently placed they'll make one at the drop of a hat.
They made 5 in my stomach for the laparoscopic procedure.  One was used to blow me up like a balloon so they had more space to work in.  The CO2 they used was left to work itself out naturally, and was mightily painful indeed.  

GrannyMac

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 12, 2024, 10:17:29 PMThey made 5 in my stomach for the laparoscopic procedure.  One was used to blow me up like a balloon so they had more space to work in.  The CO2 they used was left to work itself out naturally, and was mightily painful indeed. 
I had a laparoscopy years ago, the aftermath was the worst.  😳

dextrous63

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 12, 2024, 10:26:00 PMI had a laparoscopy years ago, the aftermath was the worst.  😳
Bet you weren't as brave as I was...

GrannyMac

I'm a wimp, so no I wasn't.  🥶

dextrous63

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 12, 2024, 10:43:06 PMI'm a wimp, so no I wasn't.  🥶
The gif I posted disappeared....

klondike

I only had three holes i think. It was a hernia repair and it failed. Tried a second one but switched to conventional repair. There are YouTube videos on the after effects. Mine didn't hurt. Maybe because of the years of practice behind me.

GrannyMac

I've had the 'other' camera, twice.  Once without any sedation, which was dreadful, 😱 but the other time wasn't too bad.  

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 13, 2024, 08:47:29 AMI've had a baby... 
What did you have to have inserted to get that process under way?  Did it involve sedation and a few observers to check on progress and perhaps learn how to perfect their technique?

August 13, 2024, 10:07:43 AM
Unrelated to that post!!!, I've got a very sensitive gagging reflex, and having me wretch and convulse while they're trying to hold things steady to do what they do is hardly helpful.  Hence why I have sedation.  Other than that, I laugh in the face of pain and danger, 'cos I'm a man goddammit.