Living on the Edge

Started by Vlad, August 06, 2024, 01:09:32 PM

« previous - next »

Vlad

Following on from The Way things Were...I made a post about a Ken Hom Chicken Curry that I once ate, it was two days old, that was living on the edge...

Those of you who have read my crap posts will have probably gathered that I'm a man who gets a kick from living dangerously. (Yeh right!) I  mean only the other day I went into my shed without protective clothing. There are few things better than the rush of adrenaline as you do something that could cost you your life or even just something that might get you into a lot of trouble.

I suppose it's something common to those of us who post on here , we strive to push ourselves to the limit. At home and shopping at Asda we place ourselves into dangerous situations as a matter of course and in our spare time we are more likely to partake in dangerous activities such as extreme sports; scuba diving, skiing, parachuting etc.

It was Eleanor Roosevelt who famously said "do one thing everyday that scares you." 

Good advice I think.

So what have you done today that was close to the limit? Something that might have got you into serious trouble or caused you potential injury or death, yet made you feel alive? But what about me?

Today had a hash brown on my eleven o'clock bacon roll this morning and didn't once think about the cholesterol.

Rock'n'roll, or what?

"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Scrumpy

I heard the motor.. I looked and looked.. I could still hear the motor..  But I couldn't see it.. I crossed the road.. I stood tall and with eyes tightly shut, I went for it..
 It was a guy working on his motor in his driveway..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Well Vlad,  beat this if you dare.  I just went to the Co-op  in my bedroom slippers! :shocked:
( I hasten to add I was fully clothed as well).

I watched people closely,  waiting for the gasps of shock and horror,  or children sniggering behind their hands.    Once inside,  I even stopped someone to ask where the Pork Pies were,  but she politely showed me, not flinching from me in horror at all.

I wasn't sure whether to feel pleased I had done it,  or a tad disappointed because I didn't manage to disgust a single soul.

What do you think?

Scrumpy

Quote from: Mups on August 06, 2024, 01:52:04 PMWell Vlad,  beat this if you dare.  I just went to the Co-op  in my bedroom slippers! :shocked:

I watched people closely,  waiting for the gasps of shock and horror,  or children sniggering behind their hands.    Once inside,  I even stopped someone to ask where the Pork Pies were,  but she politely showed me, not flinching from me in horror at all.

I wasn't sure whether to feel pleased I had done it,  or a tad disappointed because I didn't manage to disgust a single soul.

What do you think?
That beats the lot.. How brave you are..  Did you have your curlers in.. ?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Vlad

Quote from: Mups on August 06, 2024, 01:52:04 PMWell Vlad,  beat this if you dare.  I just went to the Co-op  in my bedroom slippers! :shocked:

What do you think?
Way to go Mups...Living the dream, living the dream.

August 06, 2024, 01:57:58 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on August 06, 2024, 01:54:18 PMThat beats the lot.. How brave you are..  Did you have your curlers in.. ?
The mental image Scrumpy....it will live with us for a long time🤣

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 06, 2024, 01:54:18 PMThat beats the lot.. How brave you are..  Did you have your curlers in.. ?
Not this time, Scrumps,  but seeing as I wasn't arrested or ejected in my slippers,  I was thinking of trying the curlers next week.   

GrannyMac

I looked daggers at the young, extremely mobile person who beat me to the priority seat on the tram.   :boo:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Vlad

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 06, 2024, 06:18:45 PMI looked daggers at the young, extremely mobile person who beat me to the priority seat on the tram.  :boo:
That will teach the little bastard 😜

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Mups

I threw 8 snails over next door's fence last night.

He's a nasty old git, so I don't feel guilty.   :wink:

dextrous63

Snails are quite "homing" in nature.  So, expect them to return, possibly even more curious about what you're trying to hide.

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 06, 2024, 08:16:59 PMSnails are quite "homing" in nature.  So, expect them to return, possibly even more curious about what you're trying to hide.

They will have to climb up a 6ft fence first.

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on August 06, 2024, 08:21:41 PMThey will have to climb up a 6ft fence first.

Piece of cake

Mups

Well if they come back,  I will have no choice but to pop them through your letter box instead then.   :smiley:

Vlad

How very peculiar...I had a knock on the  door this morning, it was a snail...'what did you do that for?' He said. Then I remembered I had thrown him over the fence in April ....sorry...coat...I know where the door is.