Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

I use the "Do Not Disturb" setting and turn my notifications off between 10pm and 8pm except for certain family members.
But the phone is on the bedside table.....Quiet. :wink:

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on October 04, 2024, 09:09:59 AMDon't you mean Louise Hay,  Dex?

I used to read some of her work many years ago.
Yep.  Sorry.

klondike

Never explored the schedule for notifications. Does mean I'd need to remember to check when I get up though I suppose.

Have set that now. Thanks Raven.

Raven

Quote from: klondike on October 04, 2024, 10:42:14 AMNever explored the schedule for notifications. Does mean I'd need to remember to check when I get up though I suppose.

Have set that now. Thanks Raven.
As soon as it turns itself back on any overnight messages ect will come through.
Just mind and set favourites, family ect then they will get through during the turn off.

Scrumpy

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 04, 2024, 09:03:32 AMSpice jars with openings narrower than a teaspoon.

Don't you just hate it.. and jar tops that will not allow you to open them..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 04, 2024, 11:45:31 AMDon't you just hate it.. and jar tops that will not allow you to open them..
Yep!!

klondike

Quote from: Raven on October 04, 2024, 11:03:18 AMAs soon as it turns itself back on any overnight messages ect will come through.
Just mind and set favourites, family ect then they will get through during the turn off.
:check: :upvote:

Scrumpy

Those little socks that roll back to my toes when I wear trainers.

Silver Tabby

I blow a very loud referee type whistle down the 'phone - they never call back.

Alex

Scrumpy

Mups

Reviews!    :waiting:

I get really fed up with being expected to review every darn thing I buy,  from a new pot plant to a packet of dog biscuits! 

To me it is like  people lurking about in supermarket foyers,  sorting through your trolley, and asking why you have bought certain things, what we think of them,  would we buy them again, and would we recommend the shop we bought them in etc.    And this would happen every shop you went in. 

It really, really gets on my wick. 

The latest example was when I had to go for a Physio consultation last week,  and even they sent me a review. 
It is not just a couple of quick questions,  I wouldn't mind that so much,  but it was page after page -  22 questions,  most of which were entirely irrelevant!
It wanted to know just about everything about you except what colour loo roll you preferred! 

I refused to do it.

Even my GP texts me reviews to fill in now.  Mind you, that might help them sort out the docs who don't seem to give a damn and are too busy typing to even turn round in their chair and look at you when we're trying to explain something.  I don't much like having to talk to the back of someone's head!

Breathe  gal . . .  deep breathe . . . .    ah, that's better.  :smiley:

Scrumpy

I agree with you Mups..
And why oh! why! do they want to know your age every time you buy something.. !!!

Ruthio

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 04, 2024, 11:45:31 AMDon't you just hate it.. and jar tops that will not allow you to open them..
Aha! Here's  an invaluable tip my son taught me.
Put the jar on its side and rap the lid sharply on a hard surface, then roll it over a little more and repeat, roll it a bit more and repeat, now try again and it opens easily, magic!!