Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Hmmm. All I can think on that one is that there is sharply and there is sharply. One of those sharplys will be correct ant the other will be a bit of a mess.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on October 16, 2024, 08:07:47 PMHmmm. All I can think on that one is that there is sharply and there is sharply. One of those sharplys will be correct ant the other will be a bit of a mess.
🤣🤣🤣  I know some cack-handed people who would be bound to end up with the mess.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 16, 2024, 06:05:55 PMI agree with you Mups..
And why oh! why! do they want to know your age every time you buy something.. !!!

Yes.  But not even just age. Also whether you are male/female,  marital status, age, and even religious beliefs!!
They'll want to know how what's in our bank account next.

I would like to know what they do with all this information that is nothing whatsoever to do with them.
Pity  we don't get a chance to question THEM.  See how they  like it.   

klondike

Quote from: JBR on October 16, 2024, 09:13:55 PM🤣🤣🤣  I know some cack-handed people who would be bound to end up with the mess.
Sadly so do I. He's sat replying to this post right now.

Yesterday at 09:05:25 AM
Quote from: Mups on October 16, 2024, 10:11:29 PMYes.  But not even just age. Also whether you are male/female,  marital status, age, and even religious beliefs!!
They'll want to know how what's in our bank account next.

I would like to know what they do with all this information that is nothing whatsoever to do with them.
Pity  we don't get a chance to question THEM.  See how they  like it.   
Do what I usually do and ignore the request. Certainly if they require an answer you consider none of their business quit right there.

Raven

Low sun on a wet road. Bloody blinding.  :yell:

Ruthio

Quote from: klondike on October 16, 2024, 08:07:47 PMHmmm. All I can think on that one is that there is sharply and there is sharply. One of those sharplys will be correct ant the other will be a bit of a mess.
Nah, no mess, it's the edge of the metal lid you're lightly but sharply tapping!!!

klondike

It's that you're where I see a problem. If I need to open a jar I just use a bit of non slip shelf liner I have to get a good grip.

Mups

That's a good idea, Klondike.

However, I have an even simpler idea which works for me -  I just pop my rubber washing up gloves on.   Perfect grip every time. 

Vlad

Fucking civilians, I fucking hate civilians! No ambition, no motivation no bloody idea...and specifically anyone and everything to with the National Grid. Yet another power outage today, the second this week, outage from Midnight to 14:30.. no internet..no phone...no shower ..no hot water..no nothing ..
Bastards. 
We are on the at risk register if power goes down...asked man in hi vis jacket digging a hole in the street ( looking for lost volts no doubt) if he had any idea when we would get our power back...'dunno mate' 
Bastard!

Plan B was enacted..camping gaz stove brought into action, so got a brew on, did a couple of egg banjos for brekkies, battery driven radio on...power banks plugged into iPhone ...candles light in living room for no particular reason but they looked nice. Sherpa blankets wrapped around tge memsahib and Fang the Wunderhund. Considered going out and standing over the guys digging holes. In my pyjamas..dripping noise..crust of bread in hand ..shivering hoping to speed up the hunt for the missing volts.
Gave up on that idea..I sleep naked..they would only laugh at me ..it was cold out there so my manhood would have disappeared...
Bastards!
Prepping for the next blackout, more candles batteries a gas heater, shotgun ammo, vacuum flasks.
Bastards! 

"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Alex

You could always go and sit in the library once it opens :grin:

Vlad

Quote from: Alex on Yesterday at 06:54:45 PMYou could always go and sit in the library once it opens :grin:
Birmingham City Council have closed our library..bastards!

Scrumpy

Quote from: Vlad on Yesterday at 04:25:17 PMFucking civilians, I fucking hate civilians! No ambition, no motivation no bloody idea...and specifically anyone and everything to with the National Grid. Yet another power outage today, the second this week, outage from Midnight to 14:30.. no internet..no phone...no shower ..no hot water..no nothing ..
Bastards.
We are on the at risk register if power goes down...asked man in hi vis jacket digging a hole in the street ( looking for lost volts no doubt) if he had any idea when we would get our power back...'dunno mate'
Bastard!

Plan B was enacted..camping gaz stove brought into action, so got a brew on, did a couple of egg banjos for brekkies, battery driven radio on...power banks plugged into iPhone ...candles light in living room for no particular reason but they looked nice. Sherpa blankets wrapped around tge memsahib and Fang the Wunderhund. Considered going out and standing over the guys digging holes. In my pyjamas..dripping noise..crust of bread in hand ..shivering hoping to speed up the hunt for the missing volts.
Gave up on that idea..I sleep naked..they would only laugh at me ..it was cold out there so my manhood would have disappeared...
Bastards!
Prepping for the next blackout, more candles batteries a gas heater, shotgun ammo, vacuum flasks.
Bastards!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
What a great mental picture your post conjured up..
Made my day..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Hope they do better that they did here a while back. Sub station had a fire and somehow caused a transformer down a mahhole just over the road to explode. During the course of fixing that they somehow dug through something that put the street over the road out - about 400 yards of houses. They set up a big noisy diesel generator across the road and ran a cable all the way along the gutters with drop cables down to the houses. They had to dig the path up along it replacing the cable and reconnecting the houses. I think it took a week before the generator went. Our electric was off about 12 hours. Must have cost a fortune.

Yesterday at 09:04:04 PM
Quote from: Mups on Yesterday at 03:37:01 PMHowever, I have an even simpler idea which works for me -  I just pop my rubber washing up gloves on.  Perfect grip every time. 
Good alternative. I don't have any of those though.

JBR

Quote from: Vlad on Yesterday at 04:25:17 PMFucking civilians, I fucking hate civilians! No ambition, no motivation no bloody idea...and specifically anyone and everything to with the National Grid. Yet another power outage today, the second this week, outage from Midnight to 14:30.. no internet..no phone...no shower ..no hot water..no nothing ..
Bastards.
I can only agree.
Fortunately, thus far we have not suffered any power cuts, but I realise that they are bound to come.
Even so, at least we have a gas fire and a gas oven and also a wood burning stove, so Marge can still make me food and put some wood in the fire if necessary.  Or if she won't, I can still get into bed with her.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Vlad

Quote from: Scrumpy on Yesterday at 08:05:43 PM:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
What a great mental picture your post conjured up..
Made my day..
I am glad I brought a smile to your face 😀 I am a flawed character like Coriolanus, another soldier (Roman) his flaw was that he hated civvies too. 😀