Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

Mups

Quote from: klondike on October 01, 2024, 10:52:28 PMActually I'm feeling in the pink.
The excess weight loss is going well and making me feel less lethargic.
The op on my finger was successful and is healing really well. I was signed off by the hand therapist today.
The leg problem I actually went to the GP for hasn't repeated.
The kidney issue may or may not turn out to be a real problem but is entirely symptom free - it's some magic number in the blood tests the GP considers dodgy.
Junking the tablets does seem to have got rid of the knee pain when getting up after a period seated. I'm still a bit crumbly when I first get up and trying to hunt down the guarantee certificate but it seems my parents may have neglected to take one out.

You sound so nice and positive about everything Klondike,  I'm sure that helps a lot with recovery.
Well done.  :upvote:

Scrumpy

Klondike.. Can you still stick two fingers up..?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Yes of course. I started driving again as soon as the cast came off  :grin:

October 02, 2024, 09:56:43 AM
Quote from: Mups on October 02, 2024, 09:06:58 AMYou sound so nice and positive about everything Klondike,  I'm sure that helps a lot with recovery.
Well done.  :upvote:
One thing is certain - feeling sorry for yourself only make you feel worse. 

Mups

Quote from: klondike on October 02, 2024, 09:55:32 AMYes of course. I started driving again as soon as the cast came off  :grin:

October 02, 2024, 09:56:43 AMOne thing is certain - feeling sorry for yourself only make you feel worse.
Yes,  I think there's a lot of truth in that. 

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on October 02, 2024, 11:16:03 AMYes,  I think there's a lot of truth in that. 

Louise L May is an American author who extols the virtues of creating and saying positive affirmations.

She claimed that she got rid of her cancer through positive thinking. 

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 02, 2024, 12:02:20 PMLouise L May is an American author who extols the virtues of creating and saying positive affirmations.

Yes, many people do make claims about miracle cures like this,  but I would have to know them and much more about their case before I believed it.

I do believe in positive thinking to a point though. 

dextrous63

Yep, we're of a like mind on this Mups.

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 02, 2024, 12:08:41 PMYep, we're of a like mind on this Mups.

Good grief.   :shocked:   

I need to sit down with a cup of tea.  

Scrumpy

Sometimes I have to tell myself to be positive..
We can't all wake up feeling the joys of spring..
 I give myself a task to do.. and won't allow myself to have a coffee until the task is done.. Then I feel good about myself.. It's not always easy.. especially living alone..

Alex

Having to take out a loan for a portion of cod at Harry Ramsdens.

Scrumpy

Without the chips.. They cost extra..

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on October 02, 2024, 12:13:17 PM  Good grief.  :shocked: 

I need to sit down with a cup of tea. 
It's as frequent as Halley's Comet 😬

klondike

Needing the phone nearby overnight in case of a medical issue.

Needing notifications on in case you don't check messages and the children think you've croaked.

Having unimportant notifications go off when you are in that blissful state of having actually woken up but pretending you haven't and dozing.

Ah well time to quit the pit.

dextrous63

Spice jars with openings narrower than a teaspoon.

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 02, 2024, 12:02:20 PMLouise L May is an American author who extols the virtues of creating and saying positive affirmations.

Don't you mean Louise Hay,  Dex?

I used to read some of her work many years ago.