Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Klondike.. We seemed to have bought the same cupboard..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 01, 2024, 09:34:17 AMKlondike.. We seemed to have bought the same cupboard..
Ah, the lion (bar) in which wardrobe.

Geddit?😬

klondike

Raven

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 01, 2024, 06:03:36 AMI don't blame her.  She has the climate for it.  🏊 🏊🏽. And there's lush greenery all round. Are you planning a visit Raven?

No Way, :shocked: I hate flying and the thought of that length of journey makes me feel quite faint. :busted:

Mups

One which I am sure many others share too -  holding on the phone for a GP appointment, only to be told after wasting an hour of your day, that all the appointments have been taken, and to try again tomorrow -  only to get the same happen again.  :evil:

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on October 01, 2024, 01:18:30 PMOne which I am sure many others share too -  holding on the phone for a GP appointment, only to be told after wasting an hour of your day, that all the appointments have been taken, and to try again tomorrow -  only to get the same happen again.  :evil:
You'd have thought in this day and age there'd be some way of doing a quick online and/or phone call triage with one's GP so that appointments could be organised.

klondike

My lot sort of do that but you have to be quite quick. You fill in an online form and they email or phone you back. Once all the slots are full you get told to try next day. It is still possible to phone but I suspect that goes pretty much as you describe.

GrannyMac

I've got a GP appointment in a fortnight.  Made it a week ago! Just as well it's not urgent.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

My last GP appointment made some big changes. I went in with leg pain. Came out with some pills that are substitute statins. A physio appointment and a health and wellbeing councillor.

The health and wellbeing bloke started me calorie counting. Then I added regular walking. Dropped over a stone so far and still going.

The physio confirmed that the leg pain caused by a nerve in the back problem and gave me a name. Pain caused by an issue with my lateral cutaneous femoral nerve
 He didn't try fixing it but it seems to have fixed itself.

The blood test they had me do before starting the new pills threw up a kidney issue which lead to an ultrasound scan and several more bloodi tests which are still ongoing.

I've decided to bin the new pills as they were causing knee pain when I get up after sitting a while. It is listed in the side effects as are causing kidney problems and umpteen other things. I think my knees need oiling with chloresterol.

All that damned upheaval just because I went to see the quack. Jeees.

Scrumpy

My doctor had me down for Diabetes.. Even the medication  I was taking for it..
All this information on my file..
I don't have diabetes.. :nooo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Quote from: klondike on October 01, 2024, 04:05:25 PMMy last GP appointment made some big changes. I went in with leg pain. Came out with some pills that are substitute statins. A physio appointment and a health and wellbeing councillor.

The health and wellbeing bloke started me calorie counting. Then I added regular walking. Dropped over a stone so far and still going.

The physio confirmed that the leg pain caused by a nerve in the back problem and gave me a name. Pain caused by an issue with my lateral cutaneous femoral nerve
 He didn't try fixing it but it seems to have fixed itself.

The blood test they had me do before starting the new pills threw up a kidney issue which lead to an ultrasound scan and several more bloodi tests which are still ongoing.

I've decided to bin the new pills as they were causing knee pain when I get up after sitting a while. It is listed in the side effects as are causing kidney problems and umpteen other things. I think my knees need oiling with chloresterol.

All that damned upheaval just because I went to see the quack. Jeees.

Oh dear,  you're going through it a bit at the moment, aren't you Klondike.
Mind you,  at least they've tried,  probably better than them not bothering to do anything to try and help you.

Good luck with the other forthcoming tests. 

October 01, 2024, 10:27:42 PM
Quote from: GrannyMac on October 01, 2024, 02:56:46 PMI've got a GP appointment in a fortnight.  Made it a week ago! Just as well it's not urgent.

Yes I know what you mean, GrannyMac,  as my practice does that two-week wait thing too. :rolleyes:

klondike

Quote from: Mups on October 01, 2024, 10:24:42 PMOh dear,  you're going through it a bit at the moment, aren't you Klondike.
Actually I'm feeling in the pink.
The excess weight loss is going well and making me feel less lethargic.
The op on my finger was successful and is healing really well. I was signed off by the hand therapist today.
The leg problem I actually went to the GP for hasn't repeated.
The kidney issue may or may not turn out to be a real problem but is entirely symptom free - it's some magic number in the blood tests the GP considers dodgy.
Junking the tablets does seem to have got rid of the knee pain when getting up after a period seated. I'm still a bit crumbly when I first get up and trying to hunt down the guarantee certificate but it seems my parents may have neglected to take one out.

GrannyMac

Well done klondike!  I can testify to feeling better after losing a good chunk of weight, it's taken pressure off my arthritic knee, and I'm out of the pre diabetic risk zone.  👏🏼 
Unfortunately I've developed several lumps on my hand, hence my GP appointment.  They have developed really quickly, don't hurt, my fingers aren't affected (yet) but the signs are it's Dupuytrens.

Chatting to my friend, we realised our social life these days seems to mainly consist of medical appointments for ourselves or our OHs, or grocery shopping. 🛒 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Sleeping in, it beggers up the whole day for me, AND I usually have to miss the pool.  :cry:

Glad you're feeling better Klondie  :upvote:

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 02, 2024, 06:48:43 AMThey have developed really quickly, don't hurt, my fingers aren't affected (yet) but the signs are it's Dupuytrens.
Mine was always slow to develop. The lumps are some sort of hard cartilage that grows for no known reason and can pull fingers out of place. The little finger on my right started a short while before covid but by the time that was over it was hard down to my palm. I was told that it probably wouldn't fully straighten and it didn't but it is way way better than it was as it has no real impact on using that hand any more.

Hopefully the GP will be conversant with Dupuytrens as it is realatively common and give you a referral if he thinks it's that. I use Patient Choice introduced in the days of Brown to get all my elective surgery done in a local private hospital. The local NHS General hospital is pretty appalling so I avoid it whenever possible.