Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: Raven on September 24, 2024, 01:20:43 PMNo, tourists who don't want to pay to use the places provided for them. They park up for free wherever they want, no matter who they inconvenience or upset. Entitled Scunners, they are causing havoc everywhere.

This link to a FB Group will give you an idea of how we all feel and what's going on.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nc500thelandweeps

This is 5 minutes drive from where they parked.
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-sites/scotland/highlands/dunnet-bay-club-campsite/

I'm afraid that I don't know much about how things are in Scotland, but here in England we don't seem to have police any more, unless of course they are out arresting people protesting about Sir Kneel and his mob.

If tourists, or anyone for that matter, park where parking is not allowed, I remember how the police or those 'parking warden' things used to stick things on their windscreens followed soon afterwards by a call to the courts if the fine isn't paid.

Pikeys, of course, are above the law, or perhaps it's just that the policepersons are just too afraid of them to say anything.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

That campsite costs around £25 per night for 1 person, and £35 for 2 people.  I can understand why some folk may want to avoid that.

Raven

If they can afford to rent or own a motor home they can well afford the parking costs.
What does it cost for a 2 week holiday villa or hotel in the sun.

dextrous63

Probably less than hiring a motor home with using dedicated camp sites every night.

Raven

So parking where you want tell me, where do they empty their grey waste? They don't like paying to do that either. It goes where they think they won't be seen doing it.
Where do they shower?
They light illegal fires, chopping down young trees, or pulling out posts from fences.
They S**t in the open leaving it for others to clean up.
They leave mounds of rubbish all over the place, again for others to clean up. All things that a camp site takes care of for them properly. Some sites have showers and washing machines.
They park in cemetery car parks disrupting burials and people visiting graves, despite no motor homes notices.
It never used to be this way, only the last few years. Several times I couldn't even get into Dunnet Forest or beach for Dageus's walk because of them. One had even hung his washing up over the no motor homes notices. It's all going to end in tears, the locals are sick to the back teeth of them.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/travel/12775430/nc500-wild-campers-invasion-not-welcome/

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/motors/13195172/police-remove-campers-beauty-spot-durness/

dextrous63

And I think that's a good time to stop winding you up about that😬🥹😳

Scrumpy

It's good when a man  knows when to stop. :grin: :grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Going out to drive to the pool only to find the F****ng car covered in ice :yell:  It's September FGS
On the way home it was only 3deg on the cars dials. [1090]

dextrous63

Quote from: Raven on September 25, 2024, 10:23:56 AMGoing out to drive to the pool only to find the F****ng car covered in ice :yell:  It's September FGS
On the way home it was only 3deg on the cars dials. [1090]
Have you considered moving south to, say, Croydon?  Warmer, no camper vans across your drive, better public transport and more garages for when you car breaks down, probably closer to properly heated pools,....

Scrumpy

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 25, 2024, 12:02:29 PMHave you considered moving south to, say, Croydon?  Warmer, no camper vans across your drive, better public transport and more garages for when you car breaks down, probably closer to properly heated pools,....

Croydon.. Croydon !!!   I don't go there anymore.. Dangerous...
I would rather have 3deg...

Raven

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 25, 2024, 12:02:29 PMHave you considered moving south to, say, Croydon?  Warmer, no camper vans across your drive, better public transport and more garages for when you car breaks down, probably closer to properly heated pools,....

No Thanks, shudder, I like the wide open spaces, I'm not a Town Person. I'm originally from the Hebridan Isle of Mull, hate crowds, busy places, and the noise of the towns. Even my house in Perth is not actually in the town it's out on the outskirts.  :busted:

Scrumpy

I am a village girl but I love towns.. and people watching.. I'm not too keen on silence .. far too lonely for me..

Raven

I have loved my own company or that of a dog since I was a wee lass. I have always had friends but liked to slip away on my own a lot.....
My walks with Dageus every day we're great for that, loved having the beach to ourselves. I have what I call my musing rock on Strathy Bay, along by the caves, Dageus and I would often sit up on it just watching the waves crash in.  :busted:

Will post some photos later...

Ok it's later. Dageus at my musing rock. I could never swap this for town life, I used to sit here on the rock with Dageus just watching the waves and thinking. I've only been back once since I lost him, just too painful.....so far.

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 25, 2024, 12:53:36 PMCroydon.. Croydon !!!  I don't go there anymore.. Dangerous...
I would rather have 3deg...
I had to drive to Croyden once for an interview. Before the M25. I didn't get the job. I was rather relieved.