Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Quote from: Ruthio on July 30, 2024, 06:56:47 PMQuote from: Scrumpy on 30/07/2024, 09:58:53I would have loved that... I did look closely..  I did tell her that she was rude to correct others.. I didn't mention that she was pompous because I wasn't sure of the correct spelling at the time..  July 30, 2024, 10:03:04 AM 

God you do go on and on Scrumpy!
For once and for all I was referring to THREAD TITLES!!
What gives you the right to correct ANYTHING..?

I don't think you are stupid.. but you seem to be heading that way..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ruthio

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 30, 2024, 07:33:30 PMWhat gives you the right to correct ANYTHING..?

I don't you are stupid.. but you seem to be heading that way..

I'm out of here, rejoice Scrumpy

dextrous63

Why can't the wimmin in here be peace loving people like us fellas?  

They're always bickering about something.😬😬😬😬

Alex

Quote from: Ruthio on July 30, 2024, 08:07:23 PMI'm out of here, rejoice Scrumpy

Now see what you've done  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

klondike

Better go onto the Mark login to check if there was a request to delete the account.

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on July 30, 2024, 09:15:29 PMBetter go onto the Mark login to check if there was a request to delete the account.
Ignore it if there was please.

Oooh.  Just checked the member's list and she's gone.!!!

Can you undo that and hold her in limbo Klondy?

Alex

Listen Dexie, we're used to flouncers on here.  Sometimes they come back after they've cooled down and sometimes they don't.  It's a free country but I hope she doesn't slag us off on PF  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

klondike

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 30, 2024, 09:20:58 PMIgnore it if there was please.
When somebody deletes their account it disappears from the member list immediately and leaves a request to complete the deletion for the administrator. 

I usually leave deletion requests a while (often weeks) and then comply. I'm not sure how things stand with data protection laws these days when somebody has requested that their data be deleted. Their posts do remain though. If they try to login before the deletion is completed they can resurrect the account.

FWIW I didn't even realise that there was a spat in progress until it was over. I thought the comment by Scrumpy related to some other forum. I agree with her on it though - criticising somebodies spelling is bad form.

Scrumpy

If her job ( spelling /grammar monitor) is up for grabs can I apply please.. ?

klondike

You can be ink monitor Scrumpy. If you see posts starting to look a bit grey it's time to top up.

Scrumpy

dextrous63

Cheddar, brie, stilton Christ

Silver Tabby

Letters from people whom I have never met addressing me by my first name.

Scrumpy

Those telephone calls that start  'How are you today'?
'Am I speaking to the property owner'?

Bugger off..

klondike

Doctors and the like withholding their number. Surely it isn't beyond technology for their caller id to be the main number of their organisation. Spammers seem to manage to spoof numbers all the damned time.