Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: Silver Tabby on July 19, 2024, 07:56:51 AMTV series that don't do their research properly.  Episode of 'Endeavour', body found, pathologist gives cause of death - overdose of Digitalis.  Then he says 'they don't call it deadly nightshade for nothing!' 

When I was studying poisons, Digitalis came from Foxgloves - now mainly replaced by the more refined form - Digoxin.

Deadly Nightshade gives us Atropine, Hyoscyomine and Scopolamine.

Wake up ITV !
Good heavens, Tabby.  So you are a professional poisoner?

July 20, 2024, 10:25:09 AM
Quote from: klondike on July 20, 2024, 08:09:31 AMAmazon order suppose to be coming tomorrow is now showing as coming today. I'll be out.
If I am expecting the delivery of a parcel (from Amazon or anyone else), I put up a notice in the porch window and leave the door unlocked.  The inner door remains locked of course.  Seems to work, even with Herpes/Evri.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Silver Tabby

Quote from: JBR on July 20, 2024, 10:22:58 AMGood heavens, Tabby.  So you are a professional poisoner?

Sh - you promised not to tell!

dextrous63

Quote from: Silver Tabby on July 20, 2024, 01:19:50 PMSh - you promised not to tell!
Only a matter of time before you make sure he can't tell😬

Silver Tabby

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 20, 2024, 03:32:49 PMOnly a matter of time before you make sure he can't tell😬
I have/would never poison a friend!  Stop stirring.

dextrous63

Silver Tabby

Scrumpy

The postie delivering next doors letters to me.
He bloody knows I'm not them..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Silver Tabby on July 20, 2024, 01:19:50 PMSh - you promised not to tell!
I'm happy to keep it quiet, on one small condition.
I wonder whether you are free to deal with one small problem living just down the road from us.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Silver Tabby

Quote from: JBR on July 21, 2024, 09:03:09 PMI'm happy to keep it quiet, on one small condition.
I wonder whether you are free to deal with one small problem living just down the road from us.

Hmm - £2,000,000 in used fivers - and I'll think about it!

As long as it is not an animal.

dextrous63

Quote from: Silver Tabby on July 21, 2024, 10:41:29 PMHmm - £2,000,000 in used fivers - and I'll think about it!
If he sends you a bundle and you start counting it, just remember the Name of the Rose😉

Silver Tabby

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 22, 2024, 07:13:54 AMIf he sends you a bundle and you start counting it, just remember the Name of the Rose😉

Never seen that, Dex.  What happens when they count  ...  sleep?

dextrous63

Quote from: Silver Tabby on July 22, 2024, 07:27:39 AMNever seen that, Dex.  What happens when they count  ...  sleep?

Well, the murders were facilitated by the cunning act of placing poison on the corners of the pages of a "forbidden" religious text.  The monks who read it did that old fashioned thing of licking their fingers to turn the pages...you can figure out the rest.😉

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 22, 2024, 07:32:59 AMWell, the murders were facilitated by the cunning act of placing poison on the corners of the pages of a "forbidden" religious text.  The monks who read it did that old fashioned thing of licking their fingers to turn the pages...you can figure out the rest.😉
Yes, I agree.  The Name of the Rose was an excellent film, with Sean Canary.
I've just checked and see that I have that on DVD.
Over the years, I have copied many films and other TV programmes and now have hundreds of discs to watch when there's nowt on t'telly.

(Over 850 discs, just done a quick count!)
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

850+. Crikey.  That'd see you out if you did a back to back binge.

Silver Tabby

Quote from: JBR on July 22, 2024, 08:56:34 AMYes, I agree.  The Name of the Rose was an excellent film, with Sean Canary.
I've just checked and see that I have that on DVD.
Over the years, I have copied many films and other TV programmes and now have hundreds of discs to watch when there's nowt on t'telly.

(Over 850 discs, just done a quick count!)

I'll see your 850 and raise you 600!