Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

I have my collection on hard drives. When I got a 4K TV I did start collecting some 4K stuff but it takes a lot of space and lower res stuff upscales pretty well anyway

4K 0.5TB
1047 Movies 1.2TB
136 Boxsets 2.77TB

Unusually I did watch an old movie I've seen before last night. Jason Statham in Transporter. A ludicrous action movie. Fun to watch escapist junk. I'll probably watch the other 3 in the franchise over the next week or so unless they get too stupid. I tend to watch a mix of Amazon Prime YouTube and work through the boxsets with some GBNews on catchup although they've started puttng highlights on YouTube. Some stuff I've never watched, some I started on and baled out others can hook me. Unless they are dross I don't delete them and sometimes rewatch several years later by which time I've forgotten whodunnit.

I usually download and watch recommendations from others here.

Silver Tabby

Ah - but I don't own a TV - hence the1450 DVDs!

dextrous63

Did they make DVD's in 1450?

How very forward thinking of them.😬

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 22, 2024, 10:04:31 AM850+. Crikey.  That'd see you out if you did a back to back binge.
They certainly would especially as, already having watched them all each as and when I recorded them, I have no intention (nor life available) to watch them all again.  I just dig one out if there's nowt on the box and nowt else worth doing.
Actually, I have an Access database listing the lot.  I can post it here if any of the ladies what to see everything I've got!
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Access.  Oooh, now there's organised.  Am impressed.

Silver Tabby

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 22, 2024, 12:35:11 PMDid they make DVD's in 1450?

How very forward thinking of them.😬
I thought so.

klondike

I think they came a bit later from memory. Probably only Betamax video recorders back then.

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on July 22, 2024, 05:25:01 PMI think they came a bit later from memory. Probably only Betamax video recorders back then.
Ah, you've missed the subtle use of the letters VI in the word video.  Henry VI was monarch in 1450.😬

Deo is related to god in some Latin variation.  So VI Deo....

Scrumpy

People who can not keep quiet about the ending of a film/series..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Here's one that irritates me...ironing pillowcases.  Specifically how the flap keeps getting curled up.

Raven

Silly asses who go about in a dream with headphones on, nearly ran over one earlier. :angry:

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 23, 2024, 02:22:39 PMHere's one that irritates me...ironing pillowcases.  Specifically how the flap keeps getting curled up.

Do the flap first, from inside.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Scrumpy

:grin: :grin:
Men discussing ironing... Brilliant..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 23, 2024, 06:38:50 PM:grin: :grin:
Men discussing ironing... Brilliant..
Oh, I have a wife to do such routine jobs, but I do sometimes feel the need to inform others of the more advanced methods using my expertise.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

My expertise in this field is to not notice that they are not ironed. Or simply not care.