Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: Vlad on July 16, 2024, 01:14:44 PMI mean how stupid is this?
I just read that you have to turn your car headlights on when it's raining in Sweden.
How the hell are we supposed to know?
Easy!  It'll be on the telly somewhere.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Scrumpy

I just read that you have to turn your car headlights on when it's raining in Sweden.
:grin: :grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Vlad on July 16, 2024, 02:49:08 PMThank you oh wise one 😅
Thank you for alerting us all to this requirement.

Mups

I luv your  daft humour, Vlad. 

klondike

Seeing something you bought a couple of weeks ago £20 off on Prime day  :yell:

Diasi

:upvote: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Vlad

Quote from: Mups on July 16, 2024, 04:21:38 PMI luv your  daft humour, Vlad. 

It's the drugs I'm on Mups 🤣

July 16, 2024, 05:06:56 PM
Quote from: klondike on July 16, 2024, 04:28:25 PMSeeing something you bought a couple of weeks ago £20 off on Prime day  :yell:
Bugger! Been there too. 😂
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

GrannyMac

Quote from: Diasi on July 16, 2024, 02:23:35 PMThank you Mups & Raven.

At last, two of you with the intellectual capacity to understand that I wasn't complaining about football being shown on TV but complaining about it being shown on the main ITV channel.
I'd agree with that too.  Both ITV and BBC have several channels, it buggers up my planned recordings when they decide to change some of the regular progs.  We watched the final, our choice, but I didn't think it was necessary to show it on BBC1 and ITV.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on July 15, 2024, 05:09:15 PMEvery 4 years Cass !  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:   "The UEFA European Championship, also known as the Euros, is on a quadrennial cycle and is played every four years "

The  World Cup is next up in 2026.

Quite right I got confused with the other Gareth Wokegate festivak of 5 million a year to win nothing, fill your trousers up, the World Cup! next due for 2026.

Stop press Wokegate has gone - put the flags out! Wretched slow witted snowflake that he is.

Poor England had to put up with another 70 minute self imposed penalty of Harry 'bloke' Kane, pissing about before Wokegate brought on better players with about 15 mins after warming up to save the show. Kane should never have started in any of the games.

Watch them appoint another useless candidate like Potter! Just so long as he brings his knitting bag, cardigan patterns and Lb-Dem membership card ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on July 16, 2024, 06:00:18 PMI'd agree with that too.  Both ITV and BBC have several channels, it buggers up my planned recordings when they decide to change some of the regular progs.  We watched the final, our choice, but I didn't think it was necessary to show it on BBC1 and ITV.
The most important thing is that Classic Coronation Street is still showing every weekday regardless of twenty-two men prancing about on a field.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

I only caught a few minutes of the final.  Can anyone confirm whether our brave and heroic players "took the knee" or showed the Palestinian flag?

If not, then they deserved to lose😬

GrannyMac

Quote from: JBR on July 16, 2024, 09:18:46 PMThe most important thing is that Classic Coronation Street is still showing every weekday regardless of twenty-two men prancing about on a field.
😁😁
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Silver Tabby

TV series that don't do their research properly.  Episode of 'Endeavour', body found, pathologist gives cause of death - overdose of Digitalis.  Then he says 'they don't call it deadly nightshade for nothing!'   

When I was studying poisons, Digitalis came from Foxgloves - now mainly replaced by the more refined form - Digoxin.

Deadly Nightshade gives us Atropine, Hyoscyomine and Scopolamine.

Wake up ITV !

klondike

Amazon order suppose to be coming tomorrow is now showing as coming today. I'll be out.

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on July 20, 2024, 08:09:31 AMAmazon order suppose to be coming tomorrow is now showing as coming today. I'll be out.
They'll leave it on the doorstep, and it'll be up for sale on eBay later.😬