Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on July 15, 2024, 02:38:47 PMBad luck it's every two years ...
Not quite as the Euro 2025 women's qualifiers start on ITV One tonight.

I don't see why it has to be on ITV's main channel when they have several other channels they could hijack for the football.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

I don't see why women's football has to be on TV at all ! but some people watch it, particularly young girls so I won't complain  :cool:

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on July 16, 2024, 08:46:29 AMNot quite as the Euro 2025 women's qualifiers start on ITV One tonight.

Wot !!!! another one.!!!!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

:grin: :grin: :grin:

July 16, 2024, 09:53:21 AM
Quote from: GrannyMac on July 16, 2024, 06:57:46 AMThe rain is peeing me off!  I can remember one summer holiday in the 1950s when we were up in Morayshire.  It rained so hard for quite a few days that the River Findhorn flooded some houses, and all the men in the hotel, including my dad, turned out to help.
It will pee me off when the Met office come out with "Hottest July on record" stories to follow their hottest May and hottest June BS. I reckon they should take their weather station back to Lidl for a refund.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on July 16, 2024, 08:57:11 AMI don't see why women's football has to be on TV at all ! but some people watch it, particularly young girls so I won't complain  :cool:
Do they allow transies to dress up and play in the ladies' team?
Probably a lot of the male footballers who lost to Spain will do that.  Anything for a win.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Raven

I don't know why they can't keep sport on a sports channel. All sport not just football, there used to be a freeview one but not sure if it's still around. After all if the big matches are on BBC and ITV it's not costing to watch, then the non sporting people would not be having to lose their normal programmes ......Problem sorted.  [2090]

Mups

Quote from: Raven on July 16, 2024, 10:26:22 AMI don't know why they can't keep sport on a sports channel. All sport not just football, there used to be a freeview one but not sure if it's still around. After all if the big matches are on BBC and ITV it's not costing to watch, then the non sporting people would not be having to lose their normal programmes ......Problem sorted.  [2090]

I've said exactly the same as you, Raven.
 In fact, I don't know why they even have a sport's channel if it's not used for main events?

It isn't right when they show so much sport on both main channels at the same time.
We've got yet more tonight on ITV I believe. 

Raven

Yes your right but at least they have Midsomer Murders in between bouts of sport, and that's fine for us. 😉
Also The Olympics are coming up, more disruptions daily. Yes, we certainly need a free Sports Channel.

JBR

We pay for Prime and Netflix.  They don't show football on those channels, so I suppose we're paying NOT to watch football.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Vlad

I mean how stupid is this?
I just read that you have to turn your car headlights on when it's raining in Sweden.
How the hell are we supposed to know?
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Raven

:yell:  :yell: Bloody cheating Ebay Sellers who are suppose to be in the UK, you buy something in good faith only to find out AFTER you pay that it's coming from China. :angry:  :angry:

klondike

Quote from: Vlad on July 16, 2024, 01:14:44 PMI mean how stupid is this?
I just read that you have to turn your car headlights on when it's raining in Sweden.
How the hell are we supposed to know?
Weather apps. You can set mine as if you are most places. I'll remember to set it to Sweden to make sure I have mine on as needed.

Diasi

Quote from: Mups on July 16, 2024, 12:09:58 PMI've said exactly the same as you, Raven.
 In fact, I don't know why they even have a sport's channel if it's not used for main events?

It isn't right when they show so much sport on both main channels at the same time.
We've got yet more tonight on ITV I believe. 
Thank you Mups & Raven.

At last, two of you with the intellectual capacity to understand that I wasn't complaining about football being shown on TV but complaining about it being shown on the main ITV channel.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

I wonder if it's cheaper to show a football match than other tv shows/films etc?

Vlad

Quote from: klondike on July 16, 2024, 02:19:04 PMWeather apps. You can set mine as if you are most places. I'll remember to set it to Sweden to make sure I have mine on as needed.
Thank you oh wise one 😅
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."