Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 28, 2024, 08:46:18 PMAs a teensy aside, has anyone (or do you know anyone who has) bought a piece of the cross that was used to crucify Jesus?  I remember seeing slivers of timber being advertised for sale in old Readers Digests.  There were also little phials of water from the River Jordan for sale.

You are lucky... I happen to have a piece for sale.. I wouldn't normally let it go but you are .. deserving of the sliver I have had in my knicker drawer for many years..
I will do you a good deal because I know that you are a desperate man in need of help..   A cheque or money order will be fine..

June 29, 2024, 09:59:25 AM

13 pounds for a car wash near me.. some blokes with buckets in a shopping centre car park..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 29, 2024, 09:49:55 AMYou are lucky... I happen to have a piece for sale.. I wouldn't normally let it go but you are .. deserving of the sliver I have had in my knicker drawer for many years..
I will do you a good deal because I know that you are a desperate man in need of help..  A cheque or money order will be fine..

Is it still for sale?  Being a deeply religious person, this sounds very attractive to me, especially if you are happy to send it carefully wrapped in one of your old knickers.
I usually use bank transfers for paying online.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Raven

Just put 2 ropes of washing out, now it's trying to rain. :yell:

Scrumpy

People who are always late and think it's amusing ..

Alex

dextrous63

klondike

Made up for it by doing extra time a few days later too.

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on June 30, 2024, 02:36:27 PMMade up for it by doing extra time a few days later too.
You only live twice Mr Jesus.

Scrumpy

klondike

Needing even blunt ones and not having any because you gave them away so using secateurs and scissors instead

Raven

Having to wait in for a delivery that should have arrived between 1pm and 3.30pm.......Still waiting.  :boo:  :yell:

klondike

When I was young I was expecting flying cars in 2024
Not 72 genders

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on July 01, 2024, 06:06:25 PMWhen I was young I was expecting flying cars in 2024
Not 72 genders
Ooh, I think we can do better than that..  I've started to amend the lyrics to.....

Seventy six trombones led the LGBTQ parade,
With a hundred & ten cornets close at hand.
They were followed by rows and rows,
Of the finest virtuosos,
The cream of every famous band.

Alex

Young women drivers (again) and their sense of entitlement !  Oh and the England football manager.