Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

The owner of the dog that did it's poo in my garden.. Unless it was the owner..!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

You need CCTV. If it's the dog let the council know if it's the owner put it on YouTube - could make a few bob.

Scrumpy

No cameras ... 'What the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve over'

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 02, 2024, 08:54:36 AMWhat the eye doesn't see

I hope the eye saw it rather than the foot discovering it 

Raven

Loading up the car, taking all the stuff to the Tip, only to find it's now closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  :yell:
No wonder people Fly Tip, I felt like leaving my stuff at their closed gates. :angry:

klondike

Ours is the same. I just sneak everything into the landfill bin over time.

July 02, 2024, 11:22:16 AM
Dieting.
Yesterday I went under the calories that are supposed to produce a weight loss of a pound a week and walked over five miles. When I weighed myself this morning I see I'm half a pound heavier.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on July 02, 2024, 11:09:34 AMLoading up the car, taking all the stuff to the Tip, only to find it's now closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  :yell:
No wonder people Fly Tip, I felt like leaving my stuff at their closed gates. :angry:
At the risk of straying slightly off-topic, I should mention my local area's situation.

Yes, the nearby tip is very good.  Although they state that we may only visit a certain number of times in a year, that is no problem at all in reality.  I think they are really trying to avoid fly-by-night companies dumping rubbish they collect for money.

Now, as for our bins, we have a brown one for cans, glass, etc, a blue one for paper and card, a green one - easily the largest - for food waste and garden rubbish, and a black one - by far the smallest - for everything else, general rubbish.
All well, except that the green one is emptied every week and is usually almost empty, unless some gardening has occasionally been done.

The black one (the smallest) is emptied fortnightly and is always completely full and needs the waste cramming down, and we only use it honestly for waste which the other bins don't take.  That is the real problem, as in practice we sometimes end up keeping excess waste (which won't fit in the bin) in other bins temporarily.

In practical terms, the black bin ought be the largest were it not for the council attempting to make us live differently.

Sorry!  Rant over!
Numquam credere Gallicum

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on July 02, 2024, 11:16:54 AMOurs is the same. I just sneak everything into the landfill bin over time.

July 02, 2024, 11:22:16 AM
Dieting.
Yesterday I went under the calories that are supposed to produce a weight loss of a pound a week and walked over five miles. When I weighed myself this morning I see I'm half a pound heavier.
It's calories you put in that really count.  I've lost 2.5 stones this year, all due to changing my eating habits. My exercise level have also increased because I feel better. The trick for me will be not to put it back on.

However, your weight can fluctuate daily, you may find you're 2lb lighter tomorrow 😉
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I'm logging all the input using the myfitnesspal app and tracking the walking with a Fitbit.  I ignore the extra calories it says I can eat for the walking. MFP gave me 1500 calories as the amount to lose 1lb a week. I originally had it set for ½lb which allowed 1650 and upped the ante a few days back. I have some Salter scales that are supposed to analyse fat muscle and water. They do give numbers which might be somewhere near too.

I have dropped nearly 5lb since I started about a couple of months ago. Daily variations are common as you say. I was hoping to at least stay on the new low I'd recorded the day before but no - 0.4lb more  :waiting:

I have seen drops of up to 7lbs before which came off slow and went back on quick.

Scrumpy

An email telling me that I have won a prize on the lottery.. When I check my account it is the princely sum of 2:50.. All dreams dashed..

GrannyMac

I got one last week. £3.60.  

Don't spend it all at once Scrumpy.  😉
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Scrumpy

Labour being elected to run the country.

Raven

That horrible man from New Labour.  :angry:

Scrumpy

Alexa telling me lies about the weather..