Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: klondike on June 27, 2024, 01:01:22 PMIt's been ages here since we had some proper rain. My car is looking filthy.
Marge insists that we go to a car wash - £5.

I'm worried that one day it will occur to her that I could wash it for free.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Raven

Put my shoulder out......AGAIN.  :waiting:  :boo:

Alex

I took my car to be washed Monday, it was £8.     As I tried to explain about the resident spider in my wing mirror, I realised the fella didn't speak any English.  He did a good job, even though the spider didn't drown.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on June 28, 2024, 12:32:08 PMI took my car to be washed Monday, it was £8.    As I tried to explain about the resident spider in my wing mirror, I realised the fella didn't speak any English.  He did a good job, even though the spider didn't drown.
Overpaying!  £5 is par for the course, at least at illegal immigrant car-washes.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Alex

Last year it was £7 -  I don't go very often  :grin:

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Ashy

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Definitely not worth 2/6d. They sold Jesus for thirty pence for pity's sake.

dextrous63

JB drives back to Yorkshire to get a £5 car wash.  Only costs him a tenner in petrol.

Mups

The hand car washes around here have got like everything else -  dearer and dearer.

I sometimes to my little Fiat myself,  but I couldn't be bothered to get the stuff together this week, so I went to the car wash down town.

Guess how much?  . . . .  £11  flippin' quid for a little Fiat Panda!  

Scrumpy

Quote from: Ashy on June 28, 2024, 02:26:40 PM:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Definitely not worth 2/6d. They sold Jesus for thirty pence for pity's sake.g
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Quote from: Ashy on June 28, 2024, 02:26:40 PM:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Definitely not worth 2/6d. They sold Jesus for thirty pence for pity's sake.
As a teensy aside, has anyone (or do you know anyone who has) bought a piece of the cross that was used to crucify Jesus?  I remember seeing slivers of timber being advertised for sale in old Readers Digests.  There were also little phials of water from the River Jordan for sale.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 28, 2024, 02:49:11 PMJB drives back to Yorkshire to get a £5 car wash.  Only costs him a tenner in petrol.
Ha, bloody Ha!  No, this is only just up the road from here.
Numquam credere Gallicum

muddy

Cricket where do you people live ? 
You wouldn't get your kiddies trike washed for £5 in Wiltshire .

JBR

Quote from: muddy on June 28, 2024, 11:00:19 PMCricket where do you people live ?
You wouldn't get your kiddies trike washed for £5 in Wiltshire .
Cricket?  
Numquam credere Gallicum