Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Garden for me, shrubs to cut back and rest of the tubs to empty, last nights frost finished the geraniums.

Scrumpy

I am prone to bronchitis .. I caught covid a few months back.. The first few days were horrible..
I still have a cough.. I dread to think what it would have been like had I not had my jabs..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

IMO they are continuing with them because they don't want to admit that they were a massively expensive failure.

They already stopped using the Astra Zeneca one I had for my first two as it was causing blood clots with some people.

The test results for Pfizer one I had as a booster are questionable. I didn't follow anything about Moderna as I didn't get that one but  it uses the same technology. There are no fully approved vaccines using that technology - just those two on temporary licences.

Scrumpy

I am tempted to stop.. So many of my friends are (considering) whether or not to have the jab..
 But... 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Do what you feel happiest with. We are unlikely to ever get the complete truth on those vaccines.

Mups

Quote from: klondike on October 14, 2024, 01:52:49 PMDo what you feel happiest with. We are unlikely to ever get the complete truth on those vaccines.

I couldn't agree more, Klondike.  :upvote:   We will never know because of possibly multitudes of compensation claims.   
But I do suspect big money is involved, it usually is. Someone is making more than they ever dreamed possible out of all this.

I also agree with you about the Astra Zeneca being stopped in this country,  and I am very suspicious as to why.
I doubt it was only the blood clots problem.

As some already know -  and trying not to go on about it -  I had the A.Z. one and reacted so badly within just 24 hrs, I was carted off in an ambulance.   This happened over and over again after that - 17 ties to be precise.
 I officially reported it on the Yellow Card System.

Since then,  4 different hospital Consultants, and 2 separate GP's have told me (quietly), that they have had no end of patients been ill after the Astra Zeneca.

From what I understand, that vaccine is the cheapest of the lot for the UK to buy in,  so there must be a reason
why we are choosing more expensive ones, but we will never be told the truth.

It also bothers me why they keep 'tweaking'  Covid vaccines throughout the year.   They tweak the Flu one, as you quite rightly said,  but not every few weeks/months throughout the year as well.    We also don't have Flu vaccines all year through,  either.  

I personally worry about our immune systems taking a hammering from so many vaccines being pumped in.
Some have  Flu jabs,  Pneumonia, Shingles,  RSV, Tetanus, even Diptherior,  and Whooping cough.   

Even the only Flu jab I have ever had  (last year),  made my arm swell so bad from elbow to shoulder, that they had to give me anti-histamines to calm it and get the swelling down.   I must be made of something very odd!

As you said at the start of your post.  We must all do what we feel is best for us though.   
But me, (and my dogs)  . . . .  will be staying with my homeopathy -  and hoping we all stay safe. 

Raven

muddy

I have never had the flu injection and I don't think I will have anymore covid ones .
I don't know what to do about the shingles .
I have had chicken pox

Diasi

After years of not having any vaccinations I had the first Covid jab & have continued to do so.

The first three were Pfizer & the 4th was the Astra Zenica, not sure what the rest have been.

At the same time I decided to have the flu jab which I now have every year & then went the whole hog & had the once only shingles & pneumonia jabs.

Never had any reaction apart from the to be expected muscle ache but also I've never had Covid or flu, or not that I'm aware of if I have.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Diasi on October 12, 2024, 08:18:59 AMI used a slow cooker in the past but not for several years. I did upgrade it to one that had several pre-set functions & a digital display but I've never used that one.

I went for the pressure cooker for the speed as often I don't really think about what I want to eat until it's too late for the slow cooker.

It remains to be seen whether or not I use it as I plan to cook meals & then end up not bothering.
I used the Instant Pot yesterday & it took 30 minutes, which included the preparation of the vegetables etc, to complete the cooking of the veg & a chicken thigh fillet.

Some of the time was the pressure building up & releasing after the cooking was finished, but all-in-all I'm very pleased with it. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: muddy on October 15, 2024, 08:12:09 AMI don't know what to do about the shingles .
I had that one. Nasty thing to get I believe.

It is a one off vaccination and there must be some reason they are offering it at 71 plus a catch up at 78 for those that missed it. I never had chicken pox but I'm guessing they have found that immunity is dropping off over what is probably more than 60 years and that is why it is being offered.

Mups

Morning all.   It's all grey and  miserable here again,  wish the sun would come out.

Not up to much today,  just got to pop over to my optician.  They phoned to say my new lenses are in, so I need to go over there, so they can fit them in my specs while I wait,  only takes a few minutes.

My right arm is still painful,  but it is slowly improving.  It is just a pain in bed at night because wherever I put it, it hurts and disturbs sleep.

Oh well,  have a good day all.

Alex

Still having leaky loo problems here, I've rung Homeserve again and they're coming back tomorrow.    My lovely neighbour has found the problem and was surprised the Homeserve guy didn't spot the cistern was leaking !  All I have to do is remember to empty the plastic pot that's catching the drips  :grin:

Mups

Quote from: Alex on October 15, 2024, 12:03:25 PMStill having leaky loo problems here, I've rung Homeserve again and they're coming back tomorrow.    My lovely neighbour has found the problem and was surprised the Homeserve guy didn't spot the cistern was leaking !  All I have to do is remember to empty the plastic pot that's catching the drips  :grin:

When he comes back,  lock the bugger in until he's done the job right this time.  :smiley:

No doubt you will have to pay twice now, as well!

GrannyMac

Quote from: Diasi on October 15, 2024, 08:47:40 AMI used the Instant Pot yesterday & it took 30 minutes, which included the preparation of the vegetables etc, to complete the cooking of the veg & a chicken thigh fillet.

Some of the time was the pressure building up & releasing after the cooking was finished, but all-in-all I'm very pleased with it.
Sounds nice, and it's good healthy food, just what's needed in colder weather.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖