Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on October 11, 2024, 01:08:13 PMI found that my casseroles really didn't freeze well. I bought a small slow cooker but haven't used it yet. I'll probably get some frozen veg in as that is realistically the only way to use the small quantities needed for a single meal.

My Ninja has a pressure cooking option but it takes quite a while so I no longer use that option.
We use a small slow cooker. Baby carrots and onion with whatever meat, not too fatty. A bit of thickening once it's done.  Makes an easy dinner with some spuds, and there's often a bit left, that'll keep for a day or two. Then we cook sausages and bung them into the gravy. Two days dinner for little effort.  Frozen Yorkshires bulk it up.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

I used a slow cooker in the past but not for several years. I did upgrade it to one that had several pre-set functions & a digital display but I've never used that one.

I went for the pressure cooker for the speed as often I don't really think about what I want to eat until it's too late for the slow cooker. 

It remains to be seen whether or not I use it as I plan to cook meals & then end up not bothering.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Mups on October 11, 2024, 08:49:41 PMThat sounds interesting, Raven, though not sure if I'd like the Cider?   
Does the end product taste of cider very much?

No not really it's a tangy sort of taste but not very strong.

Mups

Quote from: Raven on October 12, 2024, 11:22:32 AMNo not really it's a tangy sort of taste but not very strong.

Thanks Raven.  :upvote:

Jenkay

morning all
dry this morning 
 but its cold   :hugs:

GrannyMac

I'm going to watch my youngest granddaughter in a gymnastics comp later.  

Diasi

A bit cool today, but not cold enough to have the heating on.

Just had my Covid jab.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on October 13, 2024, 08:57:43 AMA bit cool today, but not cold enough to have the heating on.

Just had my Covid jab.

Not on a Sunday eh!!!
 I have been invited to have my flu and covid jabs.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Don't feel special - I'm guessing every pensioner has. 

Checked chemist over the road and they are doing walk in flu jabs in a couple of two hour slots Mondays to Wednesdays so I'll pop over there. Shan't bother with the covid one as the first three didn't stop me catching it twice.

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 13, 2024, 09:10:39 AMNot on a Sunday eh!!!
 I have been invited to have my flu and covid jabs..
Yes, they use a surgery which isn't mine.

My surgery has run out of the flu jab so I have to phone them next week, or I might just try Morrisons pharmacy where I had my first one.
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I've had my flu jab, don't think I'll bother about Covid, I had a lousy reaction last time.  Can't sleep this morning.  I'll probably doze off when I should be getting up. 

Michael Rolls

Wiltshire Farm Foods and Tesco deliveries - it's all go!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on October 13, 2024, 10:13:39 AMShan't bother with the covid one as the first three didn't stop me catching it twice.

Don't be soppy..  The covid jab doesn't stop you catching covid but it protects you from severe symptoms that can cause death..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

You believe what you want.

When it first came along I'm pretty sure most thought it would stop them catching it. I did. So did the nurse who gave me my first as she said as much.
Then when it became obvious it didn't it was passing it on.
When it didn't do that either the reduces severity thing was suggested.

Those dieing from COVID are almost exclusively the old with some other pre existing condition. If someone like that catches it then regardless of any vaccination they still stand a good chance of it developing into pneumonia and dieing. Just the same as for flu.

The thing with the flu jab is it has been in use for decades and has passed all the tests to prove it provides more benefit than potential problems. It is also supposed to stop you catching flu. It certainly isn't 100% effective as there are many strains of flu and they have to decide which ones will be prevalent in the next year and include those. It is slow to produce as it has to be cultured each year for the new mix of flu viruses expected.

I've had flu once. It's why I don't smoke. I was in bed for 10 days and couldn't then when I was eventually able to get up I decided to just not start again. I was at least a 30 a day man. I was luckier with covid - I just coughed a bit.

Alex

I first had the flu vaccine in my fifties, the doctor offered it to me as I am prone to chest infections.  I was really ill after the jab, I was in bed for days with ' the flu'   Because of that I decided not to have it again.

As for Covid, the line that it lessens the symptoms if you do get it, is debatable.   When one 'benefit' is proven false, they bring in another 'benefit' 

I've had another message from my surgery to go for an RSV jab.    Reading about it on line, people may still get RSV despite having a vaccination but it should be less severe.  Here we go again !