Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Aye Mups.  It's irritating when eateries are closed.  A few years ago, I noticed that the ones in Bolton tended to shut mid afternoon presumably to prevent people from dining out in the evenings🤷🏻�♂️

Alex

After getting marooned in TK Maxx yesterday, I'm having a day at home today.  I might do some housework or I might not. :grin:

Scrumpy

We have a big garden centre not too far away.. They do the best roast..
I often go there with my friend.. and they are open all week.. 
No parking fees.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Quote from: Alex on October 01, 2024, 09:15:18 AMAfter getting marooned in TK Maxx yesterday, I'm having a day at home today.  I might do some housework or I might not. :grin:

I decided not to risk it.   :grin:

October 01, 2024, 01:25:05 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on October 01, 2024, 09:32:41 AMWe have a big garden centre not too far away.. They do the best roast..
I often go there with my friend.. and they are open all week..
No parking fees..
Sounds good, Scrumpy. :upvote:

Vlad

Bloody house insurance! Just received my renewal quote...they quoted an extra £96 ...I filed the quote in the paper shredder. Had a dividend cheque for some shares which I found a tad odd, normally they are reinvested but hey oh. 
It's raining..so doing nuffink today
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Mups

Quote from: Vlad on October 01, 2024, 01:40:28 PMBloody house insurance! Just received my renewal quote...they quoted an extra £96 ...I filed the quote in the paper shredder. Had a dividend cheque for some shares which I found a tad odd, normally they are reinvested but hey oh.
It's raining..so doing nuffink today

I am dreading my car insurance next month, too.   I've heard it said  that  it's up by 50%  in a lot of places this year.  :worried:

klondike

Mine increased the last two times and doubtless will again. I always check around.

GrannyMac

Our car insurance didn't go up much.  Tesco.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

IMO, All insurance companies are greedy Scunners of the highest degree. They should all be wearing black masks and riding black horses they call Bess.  :boo:  :yell:

Mups

Quote from: Raven on October 02, 2024, 08:26:29 AMIMO, All insurance companies are greedy Scunners of the highest degree. They should all be wearing black masks and riding black horses they call Bess.  :boo:  :yell:

I feel much the same as you, Raven.   
They are much quicker to take your money than they are to cough up any!

Silver Tabby

Today is, apparently, World Card Making Day.  Guess what I will be doing?

Mups

I indulged myself and had a lovely lie-in this morning,  feel much better for it too. 

It is sunny here, but with a cool breeze blowing.  Got some washing out and hope it dries as it gets dark so much earlier now.

I've hurt my arm somehow,  Doc thinks it might be a Rotater Cuff injury, so got to go for a scan and some physio.   
Of course, it has to be the right one,  the one I need most.  :rolleyes:   
It's difficult to get dressed/undressed,  especially my bra!    Also hard to wash my hair, lift the kettle, hoover, and anything else we use our hands for.   Have to sleep with arm resting along  a cushion to ease it.   

Oh well,  enough moaning,  I'm going to have my Chicken & Mushroom pastie for lunch now - if I can cut rhe darn thing up!

GrannyMac

Hope you get it sorted out soon Mups! 

I had my flue jab first thing, then went to my slimming group, 3 stone off now, I'm happy! Couple of hours in the charity shop, then a whizz round Lidl. Popped into the library, put a wash in, did some garden tidying, planted some bulbs!   Had tea, made as usual by OH, going to put my feet up and watch Strictly.  And, reeeelaaax....
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I hope you get it fixed soon too. Miserable with only one hand - so many things you need to relearn. When my left was temporarily partially out of action recently I found it took the patience of Job to just tie shoelaces.

Quote from: Mups on October 05, 2024, 12:27:12 PMIt's difficult to get dressed/undressed,  especially my bra!    Also hard to wash my hair, lift the kettle, hoover, and anything else we use our hands for.

I recall quite well what I found the most difficult daily task when my right hand was out of action for several weeks and it wasn't any of those. Maybe you do and like me didn't mention it deliberately  :rolleyes:

Mups

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 05, 2024, 07:03:20 PMHope you get it sorted out soon Mups! 

I had my flue jab first thing, then went to my slimming group, 3 stone off now, I'm happy! Couple of hours in the charity shop, then a whizz round Lidl. Popped into the library, put a wash in, did some garden tidying, planted some bulbs!  Had tea, made as usual by OH, going to put my feet up and watch Strictly.  And, reeeelaaax....

Thanks very much Granny.  :upvote:

October 05, 2024, 10:08:17 PM
Quote from: klondike on October 05, 2024, 08:58:26 PMI hope you get it fixed soon too. Miserable with only one hand - so many things you need to relearn. When my left was temporarily partially out of action recently I found it took the patience of Job to just tie shoelaces.

I recall quite well what I found the most difficult daily task when my right hand was out of action for several weeks and it wasn't any of those. Maybe you do and like me didn't mention it deliberately :rolleyes:

Thanks Klondike. 
I think I know what you mean,  but  best not elaborate ey.   :wink:

Glad you're ok now, anyway. 

Was yours a rotator cuff injury?