Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Ruthin and then Denbigh I believe  :upvote: I'm in the passenger seat which will make anice change

dextrous63

Scrumpy

Just read through this post..
I am pleased that your results were all clear Dextrous... Good news..

Tabby... Hope them creaky knees are feeling stronger.. I too am not a warm weather person.. I try to avoid the sun at all cost.. It doesn't like me for some reason..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Michael Rolls

hoping that my right leg will stop trying to collapse under me - started yesterday lunch time and is a real problem at the moment - having to use the walker and no prospect of stepping outside the house until it improves 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

Gosh, that's not good Michael.  What's the reason for it?

Michael Rolls

No idea - just went. The left leg did something similar a couple of years ago, depositing me on the floor a couple of times - this time, so far, when it wanted to be difficult I was able to grab something - the leg aches from the hip to the knee, My balance is poor at the best of times and this isn't helping. Thank heaven this is a bungalow and I have the walkers, otherwise I would be in real trouble.
Don't want to over-egg things - sitting down I am fine, no pain - it's only when I need/want to get up and move around that the trouble starts
[email protected]

Mups

Quote from: Michael Rolls on July 25, 2024, 10:43:49 AMhoping that my right leg will stop trying to collapse under me - started yesterday lunch time and is a real problem at the moment - having to use the walker and no prospect of stepping outside the house until it improves 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Could it be a trapped nerve in your spine, or the Sciatic nerve?

Perhaps a  good Chiropractor could help sort that out, Michael?   You could ask your GP.

dextrous63

Hopefully just a temporary inflammation preventing a nerve from sending signals to the relevant muscles🤷🏻�♂️

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 25, 2024, 11:05:41 AMHopefully just a temporary inflammation preventing a nerve from sending signals to the relevant muscles🤷🏻�♂️

Yes,  maybe,  but it's dangerous for Michael if he lives alone and keeps falling.
It needs sorting.

Michael Rolls

my GP referred me to the falls clinic - saw them earlier in the month, but no real help, to be honest. The general consensus seems to be 'what can one expect at your age?' I am 87 on Sunday - I have been given a raft of exercises over the years and I do use them, but they haven't led to an improvement, although to be fair I might be even worse if I hadn't used them. At the moment there is no way I could get to the medical centre in safety I can't get a walker into the Mondeo's stupid little boot thanks to the huge battery, but my s-i-l and b-i-l arrive tomorrow so if it continues we will work something out.
[email protected]

Scrumpy

All my love to you Michael..
I am pleased your family are arriving tomorrow..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

me too! Thanks for the good wishes
[email protected]

klondike

They couldn't have come at a better time. I hope the leg cures itself as the other one did. From what you say it seems it will have to.

dextrous63

Indeed.  Best wishes Michael.  Still plenty of life in the old dog yet!!