Iran

Started by Alex, October 01, 2024, 06:44:37 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Just hearing Iran has launched over 200 missiles across Israel.  Biden has at least spoken out to say the US will help Israel defend herself.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on October 01, 2024, 06:44:37 PMJust hearing Iran has launched over 200 missiles across Israel.  Biden has at least spoken out to say the US will help Israel defend herself.
Iran has shot itself in the foot.
Shame about the good people of Iran - most ordinary people there.

Israel should send a large package of mobile phones to Iran, especially for their religious leaders.
Numquam credere Gallicum

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

No statement from our illustrious Foreign Secretary ?

Cassandra

Couldn't make it today, he's taking his 11+ exam in Geography ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

From bits I've seen the attack achieved little other than killing a Palestinian and there are massive queues at the fuel stations in Tehran as they know full well what is coming their way very soon.

GrannyMac

Quote from: Cassandra on October 01, 2024, 09:03:23 PMCouldn't make it today, he's taking his 11+ exam in Geography ...
Made me laugh! 😆 

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Ashy

We're seeing the death throes of the fanatical regime - that apparently was what the public wanted when it came in - which has turned to war with a foreign enemy, no doubt to seek and even obtain popularity. Sadly it's a trick that often works, it worked for Margaret Thatcher for instance, not so well for Tony Blair. But the Iranians must have known that Israel won't take it lying down and the Iranian war machine will probably be destroyed in the coming days.

klondike

Quote from: Ashy on October 02, 2024, 08:09:52 AMSadly it's a trick that often works, it worked for Margaret Thatcher for instance, not so well for Tony Blair.
There's a very good reason for that. The reason we have as  much crap in the world is a direct result of the Bush/Blair lies and poking a stick into the nest of fire ants that geographers call the Middle East

Alex

UK was involved in last night's defence of Israel, apparently shooting down missiles.  Can anyone give an idiot's guide as to how that is possible ?    :hmm:

Vlad

I am searching the military websites, nothing definite other than British Forces in Cyprus have assisted. There is a large SIGInt presence in Ayios Nikolaos, and a couple of units in Akrotiri and Dhekelia who have provided signal intelligence i.e radio traffic and location 
I am not sure not being a RAF type but I suspect that they may have used Air to Air missile systems 
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Scrumpy

Quote from: Cassandra on October 01, 2024, 09:03:23 PMCouldn't make it today, he's taking his 11+ exam in Geography ...
:grin: :grin: :grin:

October 02, 2024, 09:46:36 AM

Bloody fed up with the lot of them.. There has been problems out there for years..
Let them get on with it.. If they want to kill one another, so be it..
I bet it is costing us a few bob..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

😬😬😬😬

October 02, 2024, 10:50:14 AM
Meanwhile, Starmer is spending some of the defence budget to get a tailor made camouflage outfit for himself.  Gotta look one's best.

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 02, 2024, 09:42:23 AM:grin: :grin: :grin:

October 02, 2024, 09:46:36 AM

Bloody fed up with the lot of them.. There has been problems out there for years..
Let them get on with it.. If they want to kill one another, so be it..
I bet it is costing us a few bob..

What has always bugged me though,  it is the big-knobs who make the decisions for everyone else!

They might think twice  if it was THEM who had to go out in the front line to fight,  instead of hiding in their offices,  probably surrounded by body guards.   

I have always thought anyone who makes such huge decisions for something as serious as War,  should have to go and fight in it themself. 

When I was a kid and watched cowboys and Indians fighting,  it was always the Chief himself who led his men into battle,   he didn't sit in his tepee while everybody else fought for him, did he!

I honestly think it might make a difference if these leaders were made to get off their backsides and join the lambs he sends  to slaughter.

JBR

A further development suggested on the news.

Are many of our 'boat people', you know those who we go out into the Channel to collect en masse, 'soldiers' or sleeper cells from Iran?

After all, having supported Israel they probably see us as an enemy.
I look forward to Israel's response to Iran's attack on them.
Numquam credere Gallicum