Starmer's New Nick-Name

Started by Diasi, September 19, 2024, 11:57:55 AM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

So I read that another £16k for clothing for Starmer has been declared.
Now I know he lives in a different world from me, but I've looked online and the price for a tailor made suit seems to be around £1500

Just what sort of clothing does he need for work????

Ashy

I used to have a suit for every day of the week, but I never wore it. 

Raven

Ok, I don't understand why they should be getting all these gifts in the first place :wtf:
They got a new job, so what? Why are they being flooded with gifts, is it from people looking for favours? or to get a share of the nose trough?
I passed through the ranks in my career and became a Personnel Officer for several stores BUT I didn't vanish under a pile of expensive gifts, nor has anyone else I have heard of.
I was in the wrong profession I think, I should have gone into Politics, after all how hard can it be to stand there in the Chamber and talk a load of lies and rubbish.......Simples, as the Meercat says.

dextrous63

I was laughed out of court when I suggested that my school ought to buy some umbrellas for staff to borrow when they were on duty outside during break in the rain.

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on September 28, 2024, 11:03:53 AMOk, I don't understand why they should be getting all these gifts in the first place :wtf:
Why are they being flooded with gifts, is it from people looking for favours? or to get a share of the nose trough?

I was in the wrong profession I think, I should have gone into Politics, after all how hard can it be to stand there in the Chamber and talk a load of lies and rubbish.......Simples, as the Meercat says.
Of course it's to gain favours, the main gift donator will be making £millions from his connection with Starmer & Labour.

I doubt you'd have the ability to spout garbage & utter lies & look as though you meant it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Diasi on September 28, 2024, 11:19:13 AMOf course it's to gain favours, the main gift donator will be making £millions from his connection with Starmer & Labour.

I doubt you'd have the ability to spout garbage & utter lies & look as though you meant it.

Maybe not now as I'm not the Gung Ho wee Scunner I was in my 20s. :busted: But back then.....Who Knows. :smiley:

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on September 28, 2024, 11:28:11 AMMaybe not now as I'm not the Gung Ho wee Scunner I was in my 20s. :busted: But back then.....Who Knows. :smiley:
:grin: :grin: :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Cassandra

Quote from: Ashy on September 28, 2024, 10:10:55 AMAs far as I know, actual gifts are not taxed.

Sorry Ashy only just read this, I knew that whatever happens they never pay tax, hence my reply, "So she should cough up 5,000 x 40% = £2,000 to pay ... (ref Rayner)

I know they all try to cut the values down, just in case they get clobbered and have to pay up under new legislation (no chance) passed to the statute book within values for the current fiscal year (back dating). It's an old tip they all pass down!  Also they're very conscious, especially the true 'milch-cows' of 'freeby grifting' as an art form. Rounding down the values to minimalise everything. How hypocritical and ignorant of Rayner to presume she could value 'multi million pound property daily rental fees. Strangely putting a 'Primark Value' on a Designer label hand-cut piece! Had it have been the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg, or Boris, under question in the house: the siren from Stockport would have had the benefits many several times higher no doubt. Such is the duplicity of her ideological ignorance.

The Labour 'B's of course never cut Pensioners the same deal, squishing their Winter Warming Allowance with less than six months notice.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...