Tackling the Boats.....Maybe.

Started by Raven, September 16, 2024, 05:38:21 AM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 30, 2024, 06:23:01 PMSo, to get this right.  We've handed over over half a billion to the French to watch them do nothing?  We've spent a fortune on Rwanda which we aren't going to use, but apparently some countries will, filling the apartments we paid to build?  We house and feed them, and give them some pocket money, borrowing money (and thus paying interest) to cover the costs?  And we raise money through charity to send RNLI boats to help them arrive here safely?

Meanwhile, we can't afford a paltry £300 to help our elderly keep warm a bit more. 

They should be accountable for this frivolous disregard for capital, its actually stunning what the last lot got away with. £35 bn up the wall alone for their stupid 'track and trace' Covid downloads. Probably cost two or three times that after paying out for unconvincing loss of earnings etc. Hancock Vallance and Whitty, sounds even more depressing than Freeman Hardy & Willis. Hancock - what an absolute waster, with his two Angels of death, either side, spouting stats on deaths etc etc at 6pm nightly, scaring the sh!t out of people. They relished every moment of it. In 2026 when the Report is supposed to be published, nothing of course will happen. If it's out by 2035 it'll be just in time for them all to retired at least ~ what a surprise ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

dextrous63

Exactly.

Makes one want to scream at times.

Diasi

I no longer support the lifeboats.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Bliar started the rot, after our best PM since Churchill was kicked out prematurely.
Nevertheless, fourteen years of a Liberal-Conservative government has seen untold damage to our country.
Now, of course, the small number of people who voted in another Labour government under Two-tier Free-gear Kier will witness their serious mistake and hopefully learn from it.
I hope that the predicted damage to this country over the next five years can be undone, or else we shall become the first European third-world country.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

Quote from: JBR on October 01, 2024, 11:00:33 AMBliar started the rot, after our best PM since Churchill was kicked out prematurely.
I suppose John Major must have had more than one fan.  :rolleyes:

Until now I'd thought it was only Edwina Curry.

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

klondike

Shame on you. 

I deleted my own very similar comment  :grin:

dextrous63