Tackling the Boats.....Maybe.

Started by Raven, September 16, 2024, 05:38:21 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

Soooo, Starmer's got an ex cop on the job. Wonder how that's going to go.

BBC News - Ex-police chief to lead efforts to tackle small boats
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cm2yym0dk9zo

klondike

i'd lay odds that the answer to that is badly. how many years have they been fighting the drugs trade? there is just too much money involved.

imo the only way to stop our unwelcome guests is to make the place unattractive to them. we also known that that will not be happening.

i do know where we need to seek assistance...

Alex

Diasi

The smugglings gangs can't be stopped by the UK just as the Columbian drug gangs can't be stopped by the UK.

The new Border Force supremo is no more than a highly paid posturer.

The only way is to deter the people who use the smuggling gangs & as harsh as it maybe the UK has to stop having rescue boats on standby 24/7/365.

When I read that another 8 had drowned all I thought was that's £677 X 8 per week saved for the UK taxpayers.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Wouldn't it be funny if this new fella decided to utilise the facilities in Rwanda?

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on September 16, 2024, 10:09:00 AMThe smugglings gangs can't be stopped by the UK just as the Columbian drug gangs can't be stopped by the UK.

The new Border Force supremo is no more than a highly paid posturer.

The only way is to deter the people who use the smuggling gangs & as harsh as it maybe the UK has to stop having rescue boats on standby 24/7/365.

When I read that another 8 had drowned all I thought was that's £677 X 8 per week saved for the UK taxpayers.
Absolutely, as is Sir Kneel.

I have stated what would be my intentions before, but just in case:

1. Turn around the boats at the mid-point of the Channel.  This would not be dangerous for the illegals, as for one thing they are usually accompanied by French naval vessels who could rescue them if in danger.  In addition, the illegals come in big numbers in good weather conditions.

2. State publicly that anyone entering our country illegally will not be supported in any way - no hotels, no generous handouts, no social services, etc, etc.

3. Whilst awaiting deportation (to anywhere that will have them), they would be kept in prison camps with the barest minimum of food.  During the war, that is exactly what happened to captured enemy soldiers in the last war.  Did anyone complain then?
Numquam credere Gallicum

Scrumpy

Quote from: Raven on September 16, 2024, 05:38:21 AMSoooo, Starmer's got an ex cop on the job. Wonder how that's going to go.

BBC News - Ex-police chief to lead efforts to tackle small boats
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cm2yym0dk9zo

Oh goody goody.. That's that worry sorted.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63