Tackling the Boats.....Maybe.

Started by Raven, September 16, 2024, 05:38:21 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

If a lorry driver accidentally brings in an illegal and gets caught he's looking at at least £1,000 fine. The RNLI are deliberately bringing up maybe 50 at a time. Just sayin'.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on September 28, 2024, 11:49:00 PMIf a lorry driver accidentally brings in an illegal and gets caught he's looking at at least £1,000 fine. The RNLI are deliberately bringing up maybe 50 at a time. Just sayin'.
Absolutely.  And they are doing that under orders from the government/civil service.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

Remember the good old days of Sunak  :rolleyes:

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Quote from: muddy on September 30, 2024, 08:45:45 AMDoncha just love Ben Habib

https://x.com/TalkTV/status/1840654424491831556

Yes I do love  Ben Habib and was most annoyed he was pushed out of a top Reform job.

klondike

It was sort of inevitable. Not a major funder and didn't make MP. It could and should have been handled a lot better though.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on September 30, 2024, 10:04:07 AMYes I do love  Ben Habib and was most annoyed he was pushed out of a top Reform job.
Pushed out?
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

He was deputy leader and lost that title to Richard Tice a day or so post election.

I thought you were Reform's top fanboy.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on September 30, 2024, 11:23:44 AMHe was deputy leader and lost that title to Richard Tice a day or so post election.

I thought you were Reform's top fanboy.
I suppose they wanted MPs to be involved in running the party, perhaps for obvious reasons.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Alex

Quote from: JBR on September 30, 2024, 11:55:50 AMI suppose they wanted MPs to be involved in running the party, perhaps for obvious reasons.

Ben Habib is a brilliant orator, something lacking in the Reform party.  Apart from Nigel, who do we have who can hold his own in TV interviews and has statistics at his finger tips ?   Not Richard Tice, although I do like Richard he's not a patch on Ben Habib.   

muddy

Quote from: klondike on September 28, 2024, 11:49:00 PMIf a lorry driver accidentally brings in an illegal and gets caught he's looking at at least £1,000 fine. The RNLI are deliberately bringing up maybe 50 at a time. Just sayin'.

They have the hard face to keep begging for funding on the box all the time .

JBR

Quote from: muddy on September 30, 2024, 05:06:04 PMThey have the hard face to keep begging for funding on the box all the time .
I believe that the RNLI have lost many contributors simply because of their ferrying illegals to our shores.
Yes, I know that their purpose is to prevent loss at sea, but in my opinion the loss of money-grabbing illegal invaders is to be welcomed.  Sorry if to some that sounds heartless - it is!
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

So, to get this right.  We've handed over over half a billion to the French to watch them do nothing?  We've spent a fortune on Rwanda which we aren't going to use, but apparently some countries will, filling the apartments we paid to build?  We house and feed them, and give them some pocket money, borrowing money (and thus paying interest) to cover the costs?  And we raise money through charity to send RNLI boats to help them arrive here safely?

Meanwhile, we can't afford a paltry £300 to help our elderly keep warm a bit more.  

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 30, 2024, 06:23:01 PMSo, to get this right.  We've handed over over half a billion to the French to watch them do nothing?  We've spent a fortune on Rwanda which we aren't going to use, but apparently some countries will, filling the apartments we paid to build?  We house and feed them, and give them some pocket money, borrowing money (and thus paying interest) to cover the costs?  And we raise money through charity to send RNLI boats to help them arrive here safely?

Meanwhile, we can't afford a paltry £300 to help our elderly keep warm a bit more. 
Absolutely.
I criticise the French, but to be honest our own worst enemies are the Conservative and Labour governments, both of which have been making this country a laughing stock at our own expense for voting for them.
Numquam credere Gallicum