2025 / 2026 State Pension Increase for Pre-2016 Pension Recipients

Started by Diasi, September 11, 2024, 08:29:37 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Ignore the main headline as I imagine that these figures will apply to the vast majority of our members.

My actual net increase from the DWP for next year is £44.

I'm also now £2,795 (£232 per month) worse off than those who retired after 2016.

https://bitly.cx/2w28D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Vlad

"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Diasi

Quote from: Vlad on September 11, 2024, 09:07:24 AMWhy is that?
I should have described it as my net increase from the DWP.

The State Pension increase is £354 minus the £300 loss of WFA = £54 minus tax at 20% = £44.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Similar here, except I don't pay income tax.  My state pittance is too low, my own fault, although if I hadn't my occupational pension the state would be throwing money at me!  :boo:

OH would really benefit from the post 2016 pension.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

I retired pre-2016 so get the lower state pension and won't get the WFA. To be perfectly honest, I can manage without it. In fact, when I got it I sent £100 each to three charities - so they are the real losers.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on September 11, 2024, 09:41:31 AMSimilar here, except I don't pay income tax.  My state pittance is too low, my own fault, although if I hadn't my occupational pension the state would be throwing money at me!  :boo:

OH would really benefit from the post 2016 pension.
That's the most annoying part of it. :yell:
Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 11, 2024, 09:46:05 AMI retired pre-2016 so get the lower state pension and won't get the WFA. To be perfectly honest, I can manage without it. In fact, when I got it I sent £100 each to three charities - so they are the real losers.
Same here, I can manage without it but it did come in handy.

It's what else they'll do such as scrapping the single person's council tax discount & means-testing the entire State Pension that worries me as it all adds up.

Both these things have been mentioned.
[email protected]

Vlad

Quote from: Diasi on September 11, 2024, 09:39:08 AMI should have described it as my net increase from the DWP.

The State Pension increase is £354 minus the £300 loss of WFA = £54 minus tax at 20% = £44.

Ahhh, got it, thanks

Alex

I hope they don't turn their attention to free prescriptions and decide that only those on Pension Credit are eligible !

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on September 11, 2024, 11:24:57 AMI hope they don't turn their attention to free prescriptions and decide that only those on Pension Credit are eligible !
Ooops, I missed that one which has also been mentioned recently, but yes, I imagine it would only affect those of us who don't qualify for pension credit.
[email protected]

Alex

I've just this morning done a repeat prescription to my surgery, would be bad news if we had to pay for these.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on September 11, 2024, 11:50:22 AMI've just this morning done a repeat prescription to my surgery, would be bad news if we had to pay for these.
Especially if they decide to scrap the £114:50 annual  pre-payment certificate.

It's the not knowing what they do next that's the worrying thing.
[email protected]

Mups

Quote from: Alex on September 11, 2024, 11:50:22 AMI've just this morning done a repeat prescription to my surgery, would be bad news if we had to pay for these.
Yes, I agree.

I think it is around  £9.90 per item now, isn't it? 

That is an awful lot to find for those who have a host of things on repeat each month.

Diasi

Quote from: Mups on September 11, 2024, 11:56:11 AMYes, I agree.

I think it is around  £9.90 per item now, isn't it? 

That is an awful lot to find for those who have a host of things on repeat each month.

The PPC, which I had for my wife's prescriptions was £110 per year, now £114.50 per year.
[email protected]

JBR

On a more general note, I wonder why Starmer is cutting payments to our older people.

I suppose that if he is 'obliged' to pay to keep the many non-productive illegal immigrants who are still arriving en masse, he must feel that he has to obtain that money from somewhere.

Doesn't it make you feel happy that, as we are losing payments we have been receiving for some time, we are at least providing for those poor people from the Middle East?
Numquam credere Gallicum

Vlad

And me my prescription is two pages 11 items