How utterly stupid can things get

Started by Mups, September 10, 2024, 09:54:00 PM

« previous - next »

Mups

How do you feel about this I saw in the newspaper . . .

Quote:

"A woke UN agency has banned the word "Englishman"  because it is too gendered. 

"Forefathers",  "Man's Best Friend" and even "Midwife"  have also been ruled out.

Staff are given a list of gender-neutral gender-neutral terms to use. 

Englishman becomes - English Person.
Midwife becomes - Birth Attendant.
Lumberjacks become - Wood Choppers
Fisherman -  Fishers
And Cavemen -  Cave Dwellers

This comes a month after British Red Cross staff were told  "People who are not women" could get pregnant.

Raven

Mups

Quote from: Raven on September 10, 2024, 10:12:04 PMIt gets dafter by the day.  :wtf:
Sure does, Raven.

Hard to believe the stupidity of those that make the rules.

Scrumpy

I wonder how long it will be before us Wo(men)  have that title taken away.. !!

Filling in a form.. asking us what gender we are.. So many choices.. Ridiculous..

I am WOMAN...  I can conceive.. I have a womb.. I can breast feed a baby..  I have menstrual periods..  
Show me a man who can do all this.. ! 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Vlad

That may be so, but you can't write your name in the snow when you pee, and you would lose in the How high can you pee up the side of the wall competition...so there!
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

Might beat me at the last one these days  :sad:

Scrumpy

GrannyMac

And the things they take pride in.....  :yahoo:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Alex

That might have come in handy a few years ago, as it would beat the nightclub queue for the 'Ladies'  :smiley:

JBR

Quote from: Raven on September 11, 2024, 10:41:23 AMOh but we can do all that.  :busted:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145804646959?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=myjldrevrsu&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=mmuY4cNWQ8i&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
I really don't see the point!

You women, if you really need to relieve yourselves, could just as easily squat down and let the water flow.
Marge has done this in the past (when need has arisen).

Squatting, to me, seems less obvious than pointing a pink-coloured 'willy' at a tree for all to see!
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

There are dangers involved in that. Not so dire as taking a dump but still not good. 

Sorry for raising the tone.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on September 11, 2024, 03:13:10 PMThere are dangers involved in that. Not so dire as taking a dump but still not good.

Sorry for raising the tone.
The only dangers I can see is not noticing a patch of nettles!
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

It all hinges on avoidance of hitting the underwear