Cap Attached Plastic Bottles

Started by Alex, July 21, 2024, 04:31:42 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Strikes me that the machinery is pretty crappy. If it is supposed to handle recycling from people with no instructions on exactly what is and isn't acceptable and can't it is not fit for purpose.

Ashy

It seems to me that we need to acquire some sort of tin or small incinerator that will allow us to burn our shredded paper in used cooking oil. 

dextrous63

Can we not dissolve everything into something and then use a combination of fractional distillation and centrifugal forces to separate them neatly.

klondike

As we seem to be incapable of recycling so many things the answer is probably incinerators producing energy from the stuff. The only fly in the ointment being nobody wants an incinerator in their back yard (or county come to that).

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 24, 2024, 08:41:33 AMStrikes me that the machinery is pretty crappy. If it is supposed to handle recycling from people with no instructions on exactly what is and isn't acceptable and can't it is not fit for purpose.
Ah, we're certainly not short of recycling instruction in West Lindsey, including the number in the triangle on plastics.

We could only recycle plastics 1 & 2 when I last looked, but I might phone them up to check.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

I wish that we could force a lid to be put on the dross that politicians keep on recycling.