Soooooooo?

Started by Raven, July 04, 2024, 07:36:04 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Who among you is planning on staying up all night, to watch the results come in? I certainly won't be, Westminster will have a fresh set of nasties at the helm shortly I'm sure.  :yell:

Diasi

I'll stay to watch Swinney & the SNP get a, hopefully, hammering.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I'll watch from 10 till the exit poll is out then catch some shuteye til about 3 when the results start coming faster. I'll rely on YouTube and the papers for the stricken faces.

Raven

Alex

They're all  " nasties " including the SNP  !!!

Raven

Alex why are you so bitter about the SNP? You don't live in Scotland so they don't have any say in your area. 🤷
What have they done to make you hate them so much? I really don't understand it.

Alex

I'm not 'bitter' about the SNP, that's too strong a word.  I'm just sad that they have been bad for Scotland.  There's been scandals and bad management and Sturgeon is still under investigation.  Just because she was 'nice' to you when you met her, doesn't make her a good person.  She's like Farage  :grin: in that she can give a speech without cue cards.  Politicians are all the same, whatever colour they wear.

Just because I don't live in Scotland doesn't mean I can't comment on what happens there. 

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on July 04, 2024, 08:29:20 PMI'm not 'bitter' about the SNP, that's too strong a word.  I'm just sad that they have been bad for Scotland.  There's been scandals and bad management and Sturgeon is still under investigation.  Just because she was 'nice' to you when you met her, doesn't make her a good person.  She's like Farage  :grin: in that she can give a speech without cue cards.  Politicians are all the same, whatever colour they wear.

Just because I don't live in Scotland doesn't mean I can't comment on what happens there. 
Well there's 50 odd of the Scottish buggers in Westminster voting on English affairs.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

Well you and I will never agree so I will not do the politics in here again.

I'm also well aware because she was nice with me doesn't make her a good person.

Ashy

I'm rather hoping the SNP will save the day by occupying 54 seats at Wefminster that would otherwise be labour. 

klondike

I'm rather hoping that the exit poll has overestimated the Tory seats. Far too many will have survived. After the way they have let the country and their supporters down (includes me as they had my vote) they deserve the old Katie Boyle nil points.

I remember the last election when I was so hopeful. 80 seat majority. Get Brexit sorted. Safe for at least 10 years. Well done Boris and your followers you achieved the almost impossible. 

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I didn't watch any of the results coming in last night.. 
The results were of no surprise..  
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

God help Scotland's Highlands now. They're already on Breakfast TV talking about turning the Highlands into one massive Wind Farm. Our glorious new PM says he doesn't care if he makes enemies while doing so.
There's going to be big big trouble ahead.  :angry: It was the topic at the pool and Tesco first thing. :nooo:

Michael Rolls

well, Labiur have long been anti-countryside, so no surprise there
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]