Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Everything everybody has mentioned here, plus thickos with backpacks on public transport! I got clouted with one in the tram the other day.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

At the moment, just about everything. :yell:

Mups

I agree about people who drive along with their car steroes blaring,  especially when you're stuck next to them at traffic lights!

I also hate those horrible, very  loud exhausts on motorbikes and cars, especially when the half-wits keep revving them.

It annoys me when the bin men empty the bins, then don't bring them back.  They often dump them anywhere up the road, so I have to go looking for mine.

Lastly,  kids nearly as big as me,  sitting in the supermarket trolleys being pushed round my Mummy.   I saw one just today,  sitting inside the trolley,  texting on his mobile phone.    They are Food trolleys,  not for big kids with muddy  (or worse) shoes.

JBR

Quote from: Mups on June 20, 2024, 10:01:08 PMI agree about people who drive along with their car steroes blaring,  especially when you're stuck next to them at traffic lights!

I also hate those horrible, very  loud exhausts on motorbikes and cars, especially when the half-wits keep revving them.

It annoys me when the bin men empty the bins, then don't bring them back.  They often dump them anywhere up the road, so I have to go looking for mine.

Lastly,  kids nearly as big as me,  sitting in the supermarket trolleys being pushed round my Mummy.  I saw one just today,  sitting inside the trolley,  texting on his mobile phone.    They are Food trolleys,  not for big kids with muddy  (or worse) shoes.
I can honestly say that all of the above annoy me, though to be honest I haven't actually seen kids being wheeled around in supermarket trolleys.

I have a theory about loud motorbikes.  I'm no expert, but I'd suggest that motorbikes are not usually sold with silencers which don't reduce the sound to the level of the legal maximum.  Consequently, whenever I hear one I can only assume that its owner has removed baffles or perhaps the entire silencer to intentionally make it sound so very loud in order to make himself (it is always a he) appear 'big and tough'!

Naturally, in the absence of a traditional police force, those people feel perfectly free and entitled to enjoy bashing everyone's ear drums.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Alex

Girl racers who, just because silly middle aged men give way to them, expect me to do the same !  jog on girls and learn the Highway Code.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on June 21, 2024, 11:52:24 AMGirl racers who, just because silly middle aged men give way to them, expect me to do the same !  jog on girls and learn the Highway Code.
GIRL racers?  I can honestly say that I haven't seen any of them.  It always seems to be boys who like to show off and believe that they are invincible!
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

You haven't met my younger daughter....

Scrumpy

The young women going through check out at the store this morning..
She was on her mobile.. She put her goods on the counter.. She did not look at or acknowledge the cashier at all
 She put her goods in a bag.. Continued to chat on the phone and never even said  'THANK YOU'

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 21, 2024, 12:53:20 PMThe young women going through check out at the store this morning..
She was on her mobile.. She put her goods on the counter.. She did not look at or acknowledge the cashier at all
 She put her goods in a bag.. Continued to chat on the phone and never even said  'THANK YOU'

I've seen that too, Scrumpy.

So damn rude.   I think the till workers should say to them they can't serve them until the put their phones down.   It's pig ignorant.

JBR

Certainly, society has changed over the past few years.
I'm sure this is caused by the trendy rules they have been bringing in, like 'no smacking'.

I wonder whether the people of influence have thought about the consequences they have caused, and whether they might be big enough to admit their stupidity.
Numquam credere Gallicum

muddy

Can't stand silly Americanisms.

Eg calling dogs  ' pups' even if it's 17 years old .

A dog is a dog .

A pup is a puppy .

klondike

Just treat it asa foreign language that is marginally easier to learn than most.

American spellings in the word games can be annoying.

Raven

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 21, 2024, 12:53:20 PMThe young women going through check out at the store this morning..

Maybe all the tills should have this notice prominently displayed.  :grin:

Mups

Quote from: muddy on June 21, 2024, 02:31:16 PMCan't stand silly Americanisms.

Eg calling dogs  ' pups' even if it's 17 years old .

A dog is a dog .

A pup is a puppy .

Yeah,  and calling people "Pet Parents"  too.   
Much as we love our dogs,  we didn't give birth to them, so we're not their flippin' parents!

June 21, 2024, 04:38:37 PM
Quote from: klondike on June 21, 2024, 03:02:53 PMJust treat it asa foreign language that is marginally easier to learn than most.

I agree.   
Although some games, like Wordle,  are American,  so not much we can do about it.

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on June 21, 2024, 03:02:53 PMJust treat it asa foreign language that is marginally easier to learn than most.

Oh yes, humor, favor etc!

June 21, 2024, 05:41:35 PM
Quote from: Raven on June 21, 2024, 03:08:34 PMMaybe all the tills should have this notice prominently displayed.  :grin:

Should be displayed on all supermarket checkouts!  😊 Love it!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖