Blah, blah blah !!

Started by Scrumpy, June 12, 2024, 08:38:48 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Every time a politician opens their mouth..
 All the things that they are going to do If.. When.. they get in to power..
All the things that they are going to change.. If .. When.. they get in to power..
This week is full of it.. Without looking up at the tv screen it could be any one of them talking..
And what do they do when they get in to power.. Bugger all .. and they back track on promises..
Sunak is drowning in the water.. He can do nothing right..
BUT I would rather have him then the what else is on offer.. 
The truth being.. they want him out and a far left in.. and therein lies the problem..  Big problems..

People are fickle.. They will jump from one to another .. depending what is said on the day..
... and some even believe what they hear.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

It's all a load of blah! There's no money, too many people don't work/only work enough hours to claim top ups, and too many children are on the breadline because one parent doesn't live with them or contribute, leaving the taxpayers to foot the bill.

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

But it's always been this way, nothing new here.

klondike

I think it is worse now. High price of housing (guess why  :rolleyes: )  makes working only marginally more attractive than benefits for semi and unskilled native British who can take the Universal Credit route. Huge numbers on benefits and PIP with "mental issues".

Regarding politicians and blah, blah, blah there is only one possible winner so all apart from Labour can promise what they like as they won't need to deliver. So can Labour as they'll get 5 years no matter how crap they are and no matter how many promises they don't fulfil.

dextrous63

Iirc there's a saying about having to break eggs to make an omelette.

Vote Reform.  What's the worse that could happen?

Raven

High time the voting system was upgraded so as it no longer had the power just between Tories and Labour. But made much fairer to the smaller parties, none get a lookin the way it is just now.
I also think whoever gets in should be held accountable for failing/backtracking on their promises.

klondike

The worst will happen regardless is that we'll have 5 years of Labour. Quite possibly with a different leader.

The choice is who will be the biggest opposition party and the way things are going that could be the LibDems. It won't make any material difference who is though or even the size of the majority.

Scrumpy

It is far worse now..
No benefits way back.. People had to work... and the NhS was used by the people of this country.. Not those who just pop over from elsewhere to obtain treatment..
Everything that needs sorting out is often STOPPED by others in power..
Illegal immigrants.. Scroungers.. Careless parents.. Benefits ..
It would seem that the government can not control those who abuse these problems..

The masses of undesirables play a big part in taking what is in the money pot..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Some truth in that Scrumpy!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: klondike on June 12, 2024, 09:53:40 AMThe worst will happen regardless is that we'll have 5 years of Labour. Quite possibly with a different leader.

The choice is who will be the biggest opposition party and the way things are going that could be the LibDems. It won't make any material difference who is though or even the size of the majority.
It is absolutely certain that we will have five years of Labour, not that it matters who the leader is.

My hope is that we shall have a Reform majority opposition, yet I hear claims that they will have at most only one MP.
The only advantage of the situation is that it will give Labour the opportunity to demonstrate to the electorate exactly how useless, or even dangerous, they are.
Most already know that the Tories are no longer worth voting for and I can only hope that the present mass of Labour voters will think again about voting for the only remaining right-wing party, Reform.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Carol Vorderman has said that it is her goal to completely destroy the tories and consign them to history.  I think that sounds like a jolly good idea.

klondike

It is a good idea. I'm pretty sure she isn't a Reform supporter though....

dextrous63

I wonder if the poor lass had such hardships as not having Sky when she was a child.

Ruthio

Vote Reform????
You mad????
Live in a facist state with yer nose up Trump's  arse?? 🤯

JBR

Quote from: Ruthio on June 12, 2024, 08:44:44 PMVote Reform????
You mad????
Live in a facist state with yer nose up Trump's  arse?? 🤯
Well, we're all entitled to our opinions, Ruth.
Numquam credere Gallicum