Blah, blah blah !!

Started by Scrumpy, June 12, 2024, 08:38:48 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

I managed 1 minute 12 seconds of that awful woman.  How does she, as a washed up ex quiz presenter think she will destroy the Tory Party, what on earth is she taking ?

Ashy

My concern is that if labour and/or liberals were to gain a large majority it will mean bringing in a lot of low quality inexperienced extremist activists that will be drawn largely from the ranks of outspoken minorities. We've seen this with the SNP. That's not  a threat to be taken lightly. We won't be seeing large numbers of Reform Party candidates elected and whilst they will be standing on a half decent manifesto, they are largely untested.

Now Carol Vorderman is not going to destroy the conservative party. They are quite capable of doing it themselves. 

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on June 12, 2024, 08:58:55 PMWell, we're all entitled to our opinions, Ruth.
Quote from: Ruthio on June 12, 2024, 08:44:44 PMVote Reform????
You mad????
Live in a facist state with yer nose up Trump's  arse?? 🤯
The alternatives seem worse.

Alex

Quote from: Ruthio on June 12, 2024, 08:44:44 PMVote Reform????
You mad????
Live in a facist state with yer nose up Trump's  arse?? 🤯

Depends what your interpretation of a fascist state is.   Where would you like to live Ruthio  ?

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 12, 2024, 09:24:02 PMThe alternatives seem worse.
Labour, Tory, Liberals, Greens and others are not people I can trust.
Regardless of where they sit on the political spectrum, I have heard not a word with which I can possibly agree.
They all have one thing in common: the desire to be elected without offering anything of benefit to me.

Reform, on the other hand, although new and untested, speak the words which I hope for.
Surely, that is not an illogical reason for voting for them?

June 12, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
Quote from: Alex on June 12, 2024, 10:08:31 PMDepends what your interpretation of a fascist state is.  Where would you like to live Ruthio  ?
Russia?  China?  🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sorry Ruth.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

For me, given that the usual miscreants have a history of bullshitting, I'd like to call the bluff of those who claim that things can be resolved in a plain and simple way.  If it goes tits up then we'll get the chance to return to the usual two party nonsense/status quo soon enough, and will have learned a valuable lesson.

I think it's worth a punt.

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on June 12, 2024, 09:01:43 PMI managed 1 minute 12 seconds of that awful woman.  How does she, as a washed up ex quiz presenter think she will destroy the Tory Party, what on earth is she taking ?
Maybe it's down to Botox poisoning?

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 12, 2024, 10:44:55 PMFor me, given that the usual miscreants have a history of bullshitting, I'd like to call the bluff of those who claim that things can be resolved in a plain and simple way.  If it goes tits up then we'll get the chance to return to the usual two party nonsense/status quo soon enough, and will have learned a valuable lesson.

I think it's worth a punt.
Actually, I have a feeling that exactly that is going to happen.
Labour into government - complete cock-up of everything - five years on - we vote the Tories in again!
And on and on and on it goes, as the country enters the Third-world.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

That was what I was expecting but it seems that Sunak's Tories have made such a colossal balls up of just about everything including their campaign plus Nigel Farage chucking his hat in the ring that they may face a wipeout in this election and it could be huge enough to wipe them out as future contenders. I think large numbers of the members and associations are far closer to Reform think than to One Nation think so it is even possible that Reform could inherit a ready made party framework.

I don't think Farage would have stood if he didn't see a chance of things taking off big time for Reform. With a big enough swing of Tory votes to them plus part of the working class Labour vote they may even become the official opposition this time around although that is a very big ask.

dextrous63

I can't help but wonder if (some of) the Tories who have decided not to stand in the next GE may miraculously align themselves with Reform if it does well, and stand as candidates in 4/5 years time?

klondike

They are just doing what any employee does when they realise that their company is going into bankruptcy. 

If there is a nice looking position that is better than whatever new job they've found later then maybe they'll apply.

dextrous63

Meanwhile... the lying bastard..

klondike

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Nah - that's a later digital dish. The original dishes from the analogue days were round and bigger. Plus I read when I looked up when it was launched that posh folk considered it to be for the council house oiks  :grin:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/06/12/rishi-sunak-sky-tv-blunder-general-election-2024/#:~:text=Leaving%20aside%20the%20PM's%20strange,eight%20and%20attending%20prep%20school.

As white satellite dishes sprang up on house exteriors, Sky was sneeringly nicknamed "council house TV", a label that it took years to shake off. Uptake was initially slow.

Alex

Alex

Not sure Reform's party political broadcast was the best idea !  A waste of 5 minutes imo