The Jockeys Nostril

Started by Vlad, June 09, 2024, 11:26:43 AM

« previous - next »

Mups

Quote from: klondike on November 16, 2024, 06:53:45 PMI'm not going to discuss the fine points of language used or exactly what happened here as it is entirely pointless. I will just say that several people have moved on in what would certainly be described as flounces and only one requested their account be deleted. I obliged and removed the need for admin approval as it is rare I log in to the admin account. if somebody selects delete  account then it is deleted.

I agree.   It will achieve nothing.
Time to let it rest.   

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on November 16, 2024, 08:52:46 PMI agree.  It will achieve nothing.
Time to let it rest. 
Aye, I know.  I just don't like people I like getting upset and jumping ship and think it's worth a punt to try and help resolve things.


klondike

Quote from: dextrous63 on November 16, 2024, 07:00:52 PMRight.  I get your stance and disagree

So please set out what you think I should do?

So far as I can see Vlad has decided that he doesn't want to continue posting here. I don't believe his argument was with me as I said very little in that thread and made no attempt to disagree with anything he posted on the topic.

So do you think I should apologise?
What for?
Providing a means whereby somebody else could disagree with him?
Saying he had the hump with a poster and had done a bit of a flounce?
What would you call it?
Sure I'd have much preferred he stayed but the choice on that is not mine.


dextrous63

You do what you think best.

I know what I would do, but then that's me.

klondike

Bear in mind that I know nobody involved personally. I've done what I think best. Sighed and moved on.
Your turn.

dextrous63

We're done.  Move on indeed.

Scrumpy


Get down The Jockey's Nostril Mups..
I've just walked out with a couple of bottles of Vodka and one of Gin..
Nobody on the door.. 
I could enjoy this shoplifting game.. bloody easy..

Anyone fancy a trip to John Lewis..?
I have a few Christmas presents to get..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Providing you keep nicking stuff under a total of £200, there's nothing anyone will do about it.

Given that the fake labels on those bottles cost more than their contents, you could hire a van.

Scrumpy


200 hundred eh!!!
  That is so weird I have been looking at a Bosch lawn mower 198 pounds.. (for real)
Do you think anyone will take any notice of an old girl walking down the street pushing a lawn mower..!!
I could pretend to be a council worker and do the  grass verges on the way home..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 17, 2024, 10:56:33 AMI've just walked out with a couple of bottles of Vodka and one of Gin..
Oh damn. Did I miss some?  :sad:

Mups

#475
Quote from: Scrumpy on November 17, 2024, 10:56:33 AM
Get down The Jockey's Nostril Mups..
I've just walked out with a couple of bottles of Vodka and one of Gin..

Nobody on the door..
I could enjoy this shoplifting game.. bloody easy..

Anyone fancy a trip to John Lewis..?
I have a few Christmas presents to get..


II thought Klondike had cleared it all out, and we were all going round to him for Christmas Eve drinks?
He must have missed those bottles that the Landlord always kept hidden. 
I'll go and have a look in the wardrobe and under the bed  . . . .   :smiley:

Scrumpy


Re-opening... Black Friday 13th..

Your fifth drink will be free.. Mince pies that were made yesterday will be served as an appetizer ..
 The landlord will not be responsible for those with dentures.
A raffle will take place .. 10 pence a ticket.. The winner will spend a month in the cellar with Mucky Maureen..
The local vicar will turn on the three foot high Christmas tree.. and give blessings to all that are upright  and standing. 
Peggy will do a fan dance if the electric is working..
All previous bar debts will be wiped clean..
The highlight of the evening will be the eating of the customers nuts that they are very happy to bring along..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Is the opening night still happening tomorrow, Scrumps,  or did the locals put a stop to it?

Scrumpy


Bugger... I forgot all about it.. 
I bet the nuts have gone all soft.. and the sausages wrapped in bacon are limp..
Heaven knows what Mucky Maureen will look like.. I'll get Gregg to pop in and check her out..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 13, 2024, 09:23:39 AMBugger... I forgot all about it..
I bet the nuts have gone all soft.. and the sausages wrapped in bacon are limp..
Heaven knows what Mucky Maureen will look like.. I'll get Gregg to pop in and check her out..




I heard she was last seen holding hands with one of the Draymen.  Then they disappeared into the woods behind  the car park, and they haven't been seen since.

Randy Rita  has been seen hanging around by the cellar door all evening though  . . . .