The Jockeys Nostril

Started by Vlad, June 09, 2024, 11:26:43 AM

« previous - next »

Vlad

I did not flounce, I corrected an error by another poster and left in order not to cause disharmony on the forum. 

Alex


dextrous63

Blessed is the peas maker, for they go well with fish fingers and chips.

There's a pint of lager and a sambuka chaser on the bar for you two agapornises.

Mups

Quote from: Vlad on November 15, 2024, 08:50:01 PMI did not flounce, I corrected an error by another poster and left in order not to cause disharmony on the forum.

I paid Fat Kev some overtime to stay late and cook your favourite supper tonight.
Shall I freeze it for you,  or might you want it tomorrow?
Failing that,  I will have to eat it meself.  :wink:

GrannyMac

Quote from: Vlad on November 15, 2024, 08:50:01 PMI did not flounce, I corrected an error by another poster and left in order not to cause disharmony on the forum.
No disharmony here after a couple of jars.  The odd freebie liquid refreshment is a great healer. 😇
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Vlad

Bloody hell! Read all of the above....talk about the Ides of November..the knives certainly came out, ' et tu Klondike?'
I am too old and tired for this nonsense, so I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year



dextrous63

Ho hum.  That went well.  Don't suppose any of the antagonisers on here fancy making an apology? 

Scrumpy

I think it is bloody sad... Vlad was a good landlord of  The Jockey's Nostril..

Why bring all this carry on's to a thread that was meant to be fun..!! It spoils it for others...
 If people want to disagree about something at least do it on the appropriate thread..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

I know Scrumps.  We all make mistakes, say/write things which are accidentally hurtful and taken the wrong way even in debate.  I think, among relatively close knit memberships on small forums, that it's not the same as being offended and needing the SAS to raid and extract anyone, but rather to reflect, try to empathise and apologise even if we don't fully understand why that person is irritated.

Dragging up the past ain't really helpful.

FWIW, I take responsibility as I tried to go for a grand re-opening of the pub too soon without taking into account that some things may still have been festering.


Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 16, 2024, 12:05:24 PM
I think it is bloody sad... Vlad was a good landlord of  The Jockey's Nostril..


Why bring all this carry on's to a thread that was meant to be fun..!! It spoils it for others...
 If people want to disagree about something at least do it on the appropriate thread..

I agree, Scrumpy.   Such a shame.
I will miss him.

dextrous63

I've sold the pub to a developer who will fill it with a lot of members of the irregular flotilla, since the hotels in the Altrincham are are getting full.

Let us all find another disused building with character, and no ghosts, to replace the Nostril with😊

klondike

Quote from: klondike on November 15, 2024, 01:26:00 PMHe got the hump over a discussion about Tommy Robinson. Looks like he has done a bit of a flounce. I initially thought it may be temporary but sadly it seems to be permanent. The council have been itching to demolish this dump for ages and if he isn't going to do an Arthur Dent I reckon that's it for the old place.
I gave an honest answer for the reason Vlad was no longer here.  I saw no reason for the departure and that is why I pronounced it to be a bit of a flounce. If somebody decides they don't want to stay that is really their call.

dextrous63

In fairness, I don't think he was irritated about the subject matter, but more the method of debate.  I also think he took timeout rather than a flounce (his wording at the time suggested it) to let things calm down and lets the sleeping dogs, er, fall back to sleep.

I thought they had.  My mistake.

Personally, I have no shame and am fine with accepting the charge of flouncing.  This is because I flounce.🤣🤣

For someone who doesn't flounce and never has (Klondy, check the logs to see if he tried deleting his account, which is the usual behaviour when one is picking up one's bat and ball) it doesn't surprise me that they're not so keen on the suggestion.


klondike

I'm not going to discuss the fine points of language used or exactly what happened here as it is entirely pointless. I will just say that several people have moved on in what would certainly be described as flounces and only one requested their account be deleted. I obliged and removed the need for admin approval as it is rare I log in to the admin account. if somebody selects delete  account then it is deleted.

dextrous63

Right.  I get your stance and disagree.

That's life.