The Jockeys Nostril

Started by Vlad, June 09, 2024, 11:26:43 AM

« previous - next »

Mups

Is there no way we can keep the licence a bit longer?   At least for the Christmas and New Year's Eve  festivities?

I'd booked  Al Murray to come and get us laughing on Christmas Eve,   and Ed Sheeran for New Years Eve.

Ded   Loss  (the local undertaker),  has volunteered to dress up as Father Christmas too.
He has even gone on a diet so he doesn't get stuck in the chimney this year.




Scrumpy


And  Dickie Limpriss is so looking forward to being a fairy..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

I have applied for the building to get a graded listing status from Somalia Heritage (English Heritage dismissed our claim out of hand).

What we really need is for our old landlord to return.

Mups

#438
Quote from: dextrous63 on November 02, 2024, 05:04:32 PMI have applied for the building to get a graded listing status from Somalia Heritage (English Heritage dismissed our claim out of hand).

What we really need is for our old landlord to return.

The old gal in the pie shop down the road, said he was last seen disappearing over the horizon,  map in hand, and  with his back pack on.
 
I hope that isn't true,   or at least only temporary,   else  nobody will get their Christmas box this year for a start!   Plus, he's the only one who knows how to get a couple of extra barrels off  the dray men for N.Y. Eve.



(Of course the real  reason he needs to return is . . .  us ladies will be all puckered up under the  Mistletoe for nothing.   So  I say,  come  back,   Alan D.Lord.



dextrous63

Right.  I feel that it's time to clean this place up and reopen it in time for, well, the big fight tonight.

Does anyone know any scrubbers who could give the place a good seeing too?

After they've finished, they could also clean the place.

GrannyMac

Where's Alan D Lord? His alter ego is still around innthe other place. Have I missed something?
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

He got the hump over a discussion about Tommy Robinson. Looks like he has done a bit of a flounce. I initially thought it may be temporary but sadly it seems to be permanent. The council have been itching to demolish this dump for ages and if he isn't going to do an Arthur Dent I reckon that's it for the old place.

Mups

Quote from: klondike on November 15, 2024, 01:26:00 PMHe got the hump over a discussion about Tommy Robinson. Looks like he has done a bit of a flounce. I initially thought it may be temporary but sadly it seems to be permanent. The council have been itching to demolish this dump for ages and if he isn't going to do an Arthur Dent I reckon that's it for the old place.

That's sad. :sad:

Are you going to pay the staff off, Klondy?   If so,  don't forget their Christmas bonuses.  :smiley:



klondike

Once Dex pays his tab there will be plenty for all. In the meantime I've collected all the bottles of spirits and taken them into safekeeping.

The landlord finished off all the beer before he went.

Alex

I hold my hands up being partly responsible for the disagreement on the Tommy Robinson thread.  My point was Vlad was tearing into Tommy Robinson without even watching the film that we were discussing.  I did not even suggest he was lying, I just copied and pasted what he had said !  I didn't think he'd flounce, but then again flounces we've had in the past were always men.

His loss.

Mups

Quote from: klondike on November 15, 2024, 01:32:02 PMOnce Dex pays his tab there will be plenty for all. In the meantime I've collected all the bottles of spirits and taken them into safekeeping.

The landlord finished off all the beer before he went.

"Safekeeping"?         You won't be able to get your car in the garage now.  :wink:

Everyone round to Kondike's for Christmas drinks this year.       

GrannyMac

Quote from: Mups on November 15, 2024, 01:37:21 PM"Safekeeping"?        You won't be able to get your car in the garage now.  :wink:

Everyone round to Kondike's for Christmas drinks this year.     
Sounds like a plan 😁🥃🍷
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy


He poked his nose in the other day..
Probably to visit Mucky Maureen in the cellar..
She is still down there .. waiting for him..
I wouldn't think she was that fresh after this length of time..
Hey ho.. whatever turns him on.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 15, 2024, 05:00:55 PMHe poked his nose in the other day..
Probably to visit Mucky Maureen in the cellar..
She is still down there .. waiting for him..
I wouldn't think she was that fresh after this length of time..

Hey ho.. whatever turns him on..

I'm not even convinced she was that fresh beforehand. :grin:

dextrous63

All this talk of flouncing.... nowadays I always ask myself "what would Rudolf Hess do?"