The Jockeys Nostril

Started by Vlad, June 09, 2024, 11:26:43 AM

« previous - next »

Vlad


Mups

#226
Quote from: Mups on July 03, 2024, 03:55:14 PMWhat a quiet lunchtime in the bar.    No one playing pool,  no one at the dart board . . .

I asked one the man in the beige cardi  what the difference was between snooker and pool,  and do you know what he said?
He informed me that snooker players have smaller balls and pockets than pool players.

You learn something new every day here. 

Oh well,  I'm off to see if those barrels have been changed before we open tonight.  That lager was a funny colour lunchtime. 


*  *



Oh dear,  I trust everyone knew I was talking about the balls and pockets on the snooker table?   :smiley:


I just had a thought . . .  it the  'free beer tomorrow notice'  goes up tomorrow,  how do  punters know which day it refers to?
Every day the notice could be referring to the next day,  so the  actual day never actually comes. 

Clever move ey, Landlord.   :wink:

klondike


GrannyMac

😁😁 

I wonder how many punters would only read the top two!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Alan D. Lord is hoping plenty would.

P.S. Sorry about the Americanisms but I guess you are getting used to those by now.

Mups

Good morning punters.

Where are the kitchen staff today?   Still hungover?

It's not far off lunchtime, yet there is no menu written on the chalk board,  last night's dishes still in the sink,  and I've just had to bring the milk in.

They had better get a move on,  Alan D Lord will be wanting his bacon & mushroom butty at mid-day.


Vlad

The mental image of Alan, Fat Kev and Vlad topless and pulling pints behind the bar will live with me for long time...

Mups

Quote from: Vlad on July 04, 2024, 11:12:05 AMThe mental image of Alan, Fat Kev and Vlad topless and pulling pints behind the bar will live with me for long time...


Ooh don't . . . .   that was unfair.    I can't 'unsee'  that now.  :worried:

Vlad

Quote from: Mups on July 04, 2024, 11:21:08 AMOoh don't . . . .  that was unfair.    I can't 'unsee'  that now.  :worried:
It's not pretty is it?....man boobs resting on the beer mats whilst your pint is being pulled.....ewww!

Mups

Quote from: Vlad on July 04, 2024, 11:23:57 AMIt's not pretty is it?....man boobs resting on the beer mats whilst your pint is being pulled.....ewww!

No, its certainly not a pretty sight, Vlad.

The man boobs are bad enough,  but its what may be dangling in the drip trays that I find most unsettling.      Heaven forbid.   [1080]

Vlad

Bloody behave will ya! 

Cassandra

Reference 'The Jockey's Nostril' (Attn The Landlord k/a 'Vlad')

Gambling is a complex activity and it has been reported to me by a disgruntled member that you may have breached legislative procedure in the setting up of your 'bingo' scheme. It seems necessary licensing detail has at best been cursory and 'laissez faire' within it's curtilage of abeyance.

We are ready to serve an existing Mareva Injunction and would request that you contact the firm below within 7 days c/o

Mr George Stitt LLB and bar (lounge)
c/o Sue Grabbit and Run - Solicitors
P.O. Box 666a
Ponzi House, Charles Banjo Street
Grand Cayman

(tel 12345 007 777777) - Calls cost £1k per minute plus your normal network charge
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

GrannyMac

Get outa that Alan! 🫣
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Vlad

#238
Quote from: Cassandra on July 04, 2024, 06:41:38 PMReference 'The Jockey's Nostril' (Attn The Landlord k/a 'Vlad')

Gambling is a complex activity and it has been reported to me by a disgruntled member that you may have breached legislative procedure in the setting up of your 'bingo' scheme. It seems necessary licensing detail has at best been cursory and 'laissez faire' within it's curtilage of abeyance.

We are ready to serve an existing Mareva Injunction and would request that you contact the firm below within 7 days c/o

Mr George Stitt LLB and bar (lounge)
c/o Sue Grabbit and Run - Solicitors
P.O. Box 666a
Ponzi House, Charles Banjo Street
Grand Cayman

(tel 12345 007 777777) - Calls cost £1k per minute plus your normal network charge
Ok guv! It's a fair cop. Would a plain brown envelope stuffed with some readies easy the pain?

July 04, 2024, 08:10:15 PM
Quote from: GrannyMac on July 04, 2024, 07:01:43 PMGet outa that Alan! 🫣
I think not cherub, I have a cunning plan, its as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning. See above.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Vlad on July 04, 2024, 07:56:02 PMOk guv! It's a fair cop. Would a plain brown envelope stuffed with some readies easy the pain?


Are you saying that our Cassandra.. A reputable barrister will take a back hander.. !!! :boo: :boo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..