Dr. Michael Mosley missing

Started by Mups, June 06, 2024, 10:30:57 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I don't do diets.. I think I'm just under 10stone.. I don't have any scales in the house.. if I fancy a bit of chocolate.. I have a bit of chocolate.. I'm not stupid enough to eat a whole bar though.. 
I don't need anyone to tell me what not to eat.. At my age I know what is fattening already..
My jeans fit.. That is the main thing..

June 09, 2024, 09:24:07 AM

Surely an educated man would be aware of the dangers of walking in such blistering heat.. without  any communication..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

He's been found in a cave, perhaps he was seeking shelter from the heat ?
Sad outcome.

klondike

This - https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1908978/michael-mosley-search-swum-caves-abyss suggests that the caves are difficult to enter and may have required a swim. 

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 09, 2024, 09:22:02 AMI don't do diets.. I think I'm just under 10stone.. I don't have any scales in the house.. if I fancy a bit of chocolate.. I have a bit of chocolate.. I'm not stupid enough to eat a whole bar though..
I don't need anyone to tell me what not to eat.. At my age I know what is fattening already..
My jeans fit.. That is the main thing..

June 09, 2024, 09:24:07 AM

Surely an educated man would be aware of the dangers of walking in such blistering heat.. without  any communication..
Unless the idea was not to be found very quickly.

No phone & in a cave complex which is not searchable by drone or helicopter.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

ansu

That's what our newspapers tell us, too. But he should have known that it was an dangerous excursion - what did he look for/expect to find?

Diasi

Quote from: ansu on June 09, 2024, 09:51:45 AMThat's what our newspapers tell us, too. But he should have known that it was an dangerous excursion - what did he look for/expect to find?
I imagine he may have found what he wanted to find.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Mups

Quote from: Alex on June 09, 2024, 09:35:22 AMHe's been found in a cave, perhaps he was seeking shelter from the heat ?
Sad outcome.
Seems logical Alex.  Or maybe a heart attack even.

Don't expect anyone will ever know,  seeing as he is the only one who really knows.
I'm not joining in with all the conspiracy theories.

His poor family. What a shock for them.

Alex

On radio they're saying he was found behind a fence that runs around a bar, maybe he had a heart attack and there was no one to help him ?

Diasi

Quote from: Mups on June 09, 2024, 11:06:29 AMSeems logical Alex.  Or maybe a heart attack even.

Don't expect anyone will ever know,  seeing as he is the only one who really knows.
I'm not joining in with all the conspiracy theories.

His poor family. What a shock for them.

No doubt his cause of death will be established & an inquest will try & reach a conclusion which in itself can be no more than a theory since no one knows why he was where he was found.

As for conspiracy theories I can't find a single post that alleges one.

But as you say, very sad for his family.
[email protected]

dextrous63

So, the Chinese triad finally got the double Russian agent?  Twas only a matter of time.

Seriously though,... thoughts and prayers for his family and I hope that it's determined that his suffering was minimal.

Cassandra

Quote from: Mups on June 08, 2024, 10:38:12 PMCassandra,   are you sure it was only 137 cals per day?    I would have thought that would make you very ill,  as  thats little more than half a slice of toast and one cuppa all day long?  I would not have thought a child could survive on that,  let alone a grown man.  Didn't you have any dinner?

I did just look back at the Cambridge diet for 1980.   See here:

" When it was launched in 1980 the diet specified an intake of 330 kcal/day, and as recently as 2019 allowed an intake of 450 kcal/day. "

I'd have thought even that amount would be dangerously low for a man?  No wonder you lost weight." :shocked:

With the 5:2 diet I do every now and then,  you have to work out your BMI,  height, weight, amount of exercise you do,  male or female etc,  because we are not all the same in these things are we. 
A big heavy 6ft 6"  man would need more food than a small woman of 5ft for example.
That makes sense to me.   But your 137 cals is barely more than 2 cups of tea a day!

I do 2 separate  'Fast Days'  on around 500 - 550 cals,  and then the other days of the week about 11-1200 cals.    This works for me.

I think some people who perhaps live on Pizzas and Take-Aways,  then go down the boozer every night,  must easily consume 3-4000 cals  - or more perhaps,  so my 1100 is very little compared to that.

Mups, sorry your of course right I misplaced the first number and last number it was 337 as you state. I had no other additions except sometimes a beef stock cube in a mug of boiling water.

Apart from being bloody miserable I felt no side effects!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Mups

Quote from: Cassandra on June 09, 2024, 10:46:07 PMMups, sorry your of course right I misplaced the first number and last number it was 337 as you state. I had no other additions except sometimes a beef stock cube in a mug of boiling water.

Apart from being bloody miserable I felt no side effects!

Even 337 is very, very low.   I admire you for sticking to it :smiley:

GrannyMac

Diagnosed as pre diabetic at the end of last year, I've lost over two stones since January, and my blood sugar levels have reduced dramatically.  Although we usually eat healthy home cooked meals, my sweet tooth, not shared by my OH, was the culprit.  I've cut out most sugar, and have very little processed food. 

I feel better, and my arthritic knee is far less painful.  A few more lbs to go!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Mups

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 10, 2024, 07:13:41 AMDiagnosed as pre diabetic at the end of last year, I've lost over two stones since January, and my blood sugar levels have reduced dramatically.  Although we usually eat healthy home cooked meals, my sweet tooth, not shared by my OH, was the culprit.  I've cut out most sugar, and have very little processed food.

I feel better, and my arthritic knee is far less painful.  A few more lbs to go!
Well done GrannyMac.  :upvote: