Dr. Michael Mosley missing

Started by Mups, June 06, 2024, 10:30:57 PM

« previous - next »

Mups

Has anyone else heard about this on the news?

Michael Mosley,  founder of the 5 : 2  Diet,  has gone missing.

They are saying he was on holiday in Greece,  then went for a walk yesterday and has never been seen since!   I do hope he is alright,  I like him.

They have got search parties out,  and now a helicopter looking for him, too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cerr19d0z0go

dextrous63

muddy

This is very worrying  an elderly man lost .
As we get older we should not go off on our own we are despite being game, old and therefore vulnerable .
Anyone can fall or have a heart attack .

GrannyMac

Still searching. Very worrying.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Mups

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 07, 2024, 06:30:39 AMStill searching. Very worrying.
Yes,  it is, isn't it.  

I've not got a good feeling about this, but I hope I'm wrong.

Raven

I saw it last evening on the News, I have to wonder why he didn't take his phone with him. I also saw the island from a drone and the cliff tops look very craggy and not really good for walking.

Alex

Yes, funny he didn't take his phone with him.  Even on silent at least you'd have it in case of emergencies.

Scrumpy

Do you think it was planned.. ?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

It's very odd and I wouldn't rule anything out. I imagine there will be some personal checks undertaken.

Mups

Quote from: Alex on June 07, 2024, 02:56:27 PMYes, funny he didn't take his phone with him.  Even on silent at least you'd have it in case of emergencies.

In all fairness though,  I know I have gone out then found I've left my phone at home, loads of times.

Also,  I suppose its possible he thought it was already in his rucksack, or whatever, but it wasn't.
We know very little so far,  only that he is missing.

dextrous63

No issue with leaving one's phone when on holiday.  Being in communicado is a desirable thing.

muddy

I hope he will be found ok 🙁

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 07, 2024, 05:23:53 PMDo you think it was planned.. ?

I don't know Scrumps but hope they find him ok.  Going out in that kind of terrain without any means of calling for help is a bit foolish. 

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 07, 2024, 05:23:53 PMDo you think it was planned.. ?
I would say a strong possibility as CCTV shows that he had negotiated the rugged cliff edge path before the last sighting of him.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..