Hip Hip...

Started by Scrumpy, October 20, 2023, 09:12:06 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

.. hooray. !! 
Labour celebrating the win of a couple of seats.. Seats that the Tories have held..
Stupid lot.. They had the same amount of votes as they usually get...
They took few Tory votes ... Conservatives couldn't be arsed to go to the polling station..
It seems that politicians don't see the writing on the wall..

Labour think that they are popular..
Conservatives know that they are not ..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

pretty disastrous for Sunak
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 20, 2023, 09:12:06 AMThey took few Tory votes ... Conservatives couldn't be arsed to go to the polling station..
It seems that politicians don't see the writing on the wall..

Labour think that they are popular..
Conservatives know that they are not ..
It rather depends if Conservative voters can be arsed to turn out for a general election though. There is little incentive for them to do so IMO.

Raven

Perhaps it's time to make it law that people must go and vote. :nooo:  It really hacks me off that the people who don't vote are the ones who complain about things the loudest and the most often. :boo: 

Scrumpy

Couldn't agree more... The people should be made to vote.. Even if it is a wasted one.. 
Too many people giving opinions on how the country should be run when they don't even vote..
I think we should have identity cards that police can check on the spot.. If you have nothing to hide.. you have nothing to be concerned about. 

Alex

Identity cards is a good idea, I wonder how many years it would take to set this up? After all, we have no idea how many people are actually in this country. 

Scrumpy

Some say that it is an invasion on one's privacy.. What a load of crap.. The government already know all about us ... The internet speaks volumes... 
From ordering a pair of shoes.. a bra.. and bottles of wine..  Female.. small feet .. big bust.. likes Shiraz..

GrannyMac

We should all carry ID cards, showing our status in the UK. Categories such as UK citizen, student, visitor, temporary residency (with dates).  Surely we have sophisticated enough systems to create these? Then all we'd need is enough police or border force to check them.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 20, 2023, 12:37:59 PMWe should all carry ID cards, showing our status in the UK. Categories such as UK citizen, student, visitor, temporary residency (with dates).  Surely we have sophisticated enough systems to create these? Then all we'd need is enough police or border force to check them.
I agree, and have been saying as much for a long time now.
We have had ID cards in the past, admittedly during the war, but what we are now facing (thanks Tories) is quite likely to result in a similar situation: interlopers attempting to take control of the country.

I cannot understand why some people object to compulsory ID, but object they do.  The other problem is that for universal IDs we need enough police on the streets to conduct regular random checks, and we all know about that problem now.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Make ID cards available to those that want them and give those who take up the offer a tax benefit of some kind.

klondike

Could always go for injected chips like those cats and dogs have.

Of course the conspiracy theorists will say we already have those.

Ashy

Quote from: klondike on October 20, 2023, 04:33:26 PMCould always go for injected chips like those cats and dogs have.
I believe that's government policy and it will be linked to your bank account, social credit score, where you are allowed to go, in fact everything.

Cassandra

Yes its the end of the world alright ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

If the Conservatives wish to retain power they need to consider just why this happened...

JBR

It's this end of this country!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire