Keir Mather: The youngest MP starts work

Started by Diasi, September 07, 2023, 11:57:38 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

A classic example of what we don't need in Parliament.

Useless, in the real world, degrees in history / politics & public policy & no real world expertise whatsoever.

Lee Anderson, ex-miner, could run rings round him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-66736440
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Another gay in Parliament, any skeletons in the cupboard I wonder  :lipsrsealed:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Parliament is full of old boys.. The house of Lords is full of dithering old boys..
Being an old boy doesn't make you 'wise'.. That certainly has been proven over many years..
Parliament, at the moment, has no idea what it is doing .. and why..  They keep changing.. nothing/ no-one seems to be  permanent .. 
Good luck to him.. I would be proud if he was my son ..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

Several groups are over represented in parliament, not that parliament represents anyone but themselves, and not that the government listens to them.

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on September 07, 2023, 11:57:38 AMA classic example of what we don't need in Parliament.

Useless, in the real world, degrees in history / politics & public policy & no real world expertise whatsoever.

Lee Anderson could run rings round him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-66736440
I thought that all MPs have a PPE degree - Politics, Philosophy, and Economics.

I reckon I could get one of those.
I know enough about politics to vote for Reform.
I know about philosophy and can philosophise all day long about nothing.
And as for economics, because I'm from where I am from, I know the importance of spending as little as possible on any occasion.

In fact, I reckon I'd make an excellent PM.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on September 07, 2023, 03:23:31 PMI thought that all MPs have a PPE degree - Politics, Philosophy, and Economics.

I reckon I could get one of those.
I know enough about politics to vote for Reform.
I know about philosophy and can philosophise all day long about nothing.
And as for economics, because I'm from where I am from, I know the importance of spending as little as possible on any occasion.

In fact, I reckon I'd make an excellent PM.
That makes two of us.

September 07, 2023, 04:46:48 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on September 07, 2023, 12:59:42 PMGood luck to him.. I would be proud if he was my son ..
Well he certainly looks like a 'Mummy's Boy'.

He'll probably be 'the wife' if he gets married.  :grin:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Seems like a nice boy.

Perhaps it's just me but I'd expect an MP to be have seen more of life and be... well at least a decade or more older. Not that a decade or so as some MP's assistant (nearly said bum buddy but that could be misinterpreted) would provide much in the way of real world experience of anything useful.

dextrous63

I wonder how long it'll be before he takes to the dark side of the force, along with the other inmates.

Michael Rolls

Well, at 25 I ran a section of 25 ledger clerks doing a useful job - what's he done?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Made more money at 25 than you did probably...  :grin:  

Ashy

I am more convinced than ever that paid politics attracts the wrong kind of people. It shouldn't be a career, let alone a lucrative career.

Diasi

Quote from: Ashy on September 07, 2023, 09:52:45 PMI am more convinced than ever that paid politics attracts the wrong kind of people. It shouldn't be a career, let alone a lucrative career.
It attracts people with useless degrees that would otherwise have a choice between flipping burgers or being unemployed.
[email protected]

dextrous63

Quote from: Diasi on September 07, 2023, 10:10:31 PMIt attracts people with useless degrees that would otherwise have a choice between flipping burgers or being unemployed.
Now you tell me!!  If only I'd have known....

klondike

The alternative of making it and unpaid job is likely worse. You'd get the idle rich doing it as a hobby and those even better at milking the job than we have now.

Of course we have one rich boy in the top job right now who simply doesn't need the money. Somebody fancy setting up a poll on how well folks here think he is doing?