The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

It's raining.. Must be a Bank Holiday ...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Vlad

Wetter than a well diggers bum here..time to overseed the lawn 
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Scrumpy

I did it Vlad..
Today it rained and I threw some seeds mixed with compost down on bald areas.. After giving it a good raking.... I shall water them daily..
I am following information on Google.

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 24, 2024, 07:13:25 PMI did it Vlad..
Today it rained and I threw some seeds mixed with compost down on bald areas.. After giving it a good raking.... I shall water them daily..

Did you rake the old surface over to loosen it first, Scrumpy?   
Helps  the young roots penetrate easier.

Vlad

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 24, 2024, 07:13:25 PMI did it Vlad..
Way to go Scrump...and don't forget to feed. 

Scrumpy

I did rake it over first Mups..

I have a bag of 4in 1 feed... When do I feed please.?

Vlad

Right now is good, but do read the instructions very carefully. If you apply too much it will scorch your grass. So spread very thinly.

Scrumpy

I have read the instructions on the 4 in 1 bag and it tells me that I must wait 8 weeks if I have just re-seeded.. 
Phew!! All these things just to get some grass..  :grin:

dextrous63

Might as well wait until spring Scrumpy.  

Vlad

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 25, 2024, 09:40:49 AMI have read the instructions on the 4 in 1 bag and it tells me that I must wait 8 weeks if I have just re-seeded..
Phew!! All these things just to get some grass..  :grin:
I have some grass in my flowerbeds if you are desperate...we are British we have a thing about lawns.

klondike

I even grow it in the cracks of my block paving. The only way to kill the stuff is to have it in a square, keep it neatly mowed then water, fertilize and weedkill the stuff. As soon as you do that it is overtaken by burdock, dandelions and daisies where there aren't bald patches of course.

Alex

Had a dream last night about Nigel Farage ....... :rolleyes:

Vlad

Quote from: klondike on August 25, 2024, 10:18:49 AMI even grow it in the cracks of my block paving. The only way to kill the stuff is to have it in a square, keep it neatly mowed then water, fertilize and weedkill the stuff. As soon as you do that it is overtaken by burdock, dandelions and daisies where there aren't bald patches of course.
🤣 that is so bloody true

August 25, 2024, 10:39:47 AM
Quote from: Alex on August 25, 2024, 10:37:26 AMHad a dream last night about Nigel Farage ....... :rolleyes:
well? Tell us more..was he hot?

Alex

Quote from: Vlad on August 25, 2024, 10:39:09 AM🤣 that is so bloody true

August 25, 2024, 10:39:47 AMwell? Tell us more..was he hot?

Can't Vlad this is the boring thread  :clap:

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on August 25, 2024, 10:37:26 AMHad a dream last night about Nigel Farage ....... :rolleyes:

Did he serve you well.. ? Did he keep his promises..? Did he try to reform you.?