The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 25, 2024, 08:41:24 AMI did rake it over first Mups..

I have a bag of 4in 1 feed... When do I feed please.?
Not sure in 8 weeks whether it is a good idea to encourage a lot of new growth,  as will new young shoots cope with the colder nights Oct/Nov  I wonder?

Anyway,  found this if its of any help:

When to Feed Your Lawn After Seeding

It's important to wait until your new grass has established itself before feeding your lawn. This usually takes about 4-6 weeks after seeding. Applying fertiliser too early can damage the delicate roots of your new grass and may even kill it. Once your grass has established itself, you can begin to feed it with a high-quality So & Mo lawn feed.

Conclusion

In conclusion, feeding your lawn after seeding is an important step in ensuring that your new grass grows healthy and strong. It's important to wait until your grass has established itself before applying fertiliser and to choose a high-quality lawn fertiliser that contains the necessary nutrients for optimal growth. By following these tips, you can help ensure that your new lawn is healthy and vibrant for years to come.

P.S.  Also this:

If your lawn is in need of a boost, you can apply an autumn lawn feed – just make sure it's specifically formulated for autumn application.

Scrumpy

Thank you Mups..
I have sown the seed as directed .. I will now wait until the spring as Dextrous suggested to put feed down..
This time next year..  :grin: :grin: as Del Boy would say..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Tarmac is your friend 🤣🤣

Vlad

It's that the entrance to your gaff Dex?
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

dextrous63

Nope Vlad.  Mine has had time to mature..

Alex

Trouble is tarmac gets soft when it's really hot and buggers up yer heels, doesn't it Vlad ?

Mups

Quote from: Alex on August 25, 2024, 08:07:00 PMTrouble is tarmac gets soft when it's really hot and buggers up yer heels, doesn't it Vlad ?

I am told that one of his stilleto's is still stuck in the tarmac from that heatwave we had a week or two ago.

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on August 25, 2024, 08:54:56 PMI am told that one of his stilleto's is still stuck in the tarmac from that heatwave we had a week or two ago.

At Uni, we showed that the PSI exerted on the floor by a lady wearing a stiletto was equivalent to that of an elephant.

You're lucky Mups.  You can wear snow shoes and have the same effect. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Scrumpy

Loving the shed.. I could do a good paint job on that..
I'm cheap... if you are interested Dextrous...

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 26, 2024, 10:14:02 AMLoving the shed.. I could do a good paint job on that..
I'm cheap... if you are interested Dextrous...
I am.  But what about the painting?

Scrumpy

Might colour my hair red today..  

August 27, 2024, 11:44:01 AM
Just had a call from my friend Chris who wants to lag my loft.. He calls me once every couple of months.. I think he fancies me..  But.. I keep him dangling..

Vlad

Quote from: Alex on August 25, 2024, 08:07:00 PMTrouble is tarmac gets soft when it's really hot and buggers up yer heels, doesn't it Vlad ?
You! Go to my bedroom immediately!

August 27, 2024, 12:11:23 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on August 27, 2024, 11:36:06 AMMight colour my hair red today.. 

August 27, 2024, 11:44:01 AM
Just had a call from my friend Chris who wants to lag my loft.. He calls me once every couple of months.. I think he fancies me..  But.. I keep him dangling..
Sounds painful. 

GrannyMac

I'm getting old.  Does 'lag my loft' have a new meaning now? ☺️
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

dextrous63

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 27, 2024, 03:33:53 PMI'm getting old.  Does 'lag my loft' have a new meaning now? ☺️
I think in Scrumpy's case it refers to a hair transplant to deal with her receding hairline.

Vlad

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 26, 2024, 11:03:53 AMI am.  But what about the painting?
Boom boom!

August 27, 2024, 06:28:44 PM
Quote from: GrannyMac on August 27, 2024, 03:33:53 PMI'm getting old.  Does 'lag my loft' have a new meaning now? ☺️
🤣🤣🤣🤣