The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

It's lovely to see family for a couple of days, but always good to be home again!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Made Beef Keema, it's just a posh word for mince !  :rolleyes:

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on August 18, 2024, 08:58:37 PMMade Beef Keema, it's just a posh word for mince !  :rolleyes:
With peas in it😊

Vlad

I opened a couple of dozen Lupin seed pods by hand today without any instructions...I broke a finger nail..
Every now and then I have a gardening/ houseplant problem which I google in the hope of finding a solution. Invariably google points to YouTube, which is ok  if you want opposing views so I tend to go for tge simplest answer because it's easier for my brain cell....I totally ignore anything on YouTube that deals in anything techie..Why? The solution will inevitably be posted by a 12 year old from Uttar Pradesh who will invariably begin his presentation with, "Vot's up guys?" and then continue in a strangulated version of American Hinglish. The presentation will then be delivered at a speed and in language that makes it virtually incomprehensible.
But I  shall plant my seeds in September..I have a nice new dibber...
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

Are they the ones that dry up curly and shoot out everywhere at the slightest provocation?

YouTube is good for showing how to get into things to fix them. I'd advise you stick to tech kit though and ignore the people and animal ones.

Vlad

Quote from: klondike on August 19, 2024, 07:07:16 PMAre they the ones that dry up curly and shoot out everywhere at the slightest provocation?

YouTube is good for showing how to get into things to fix them. I'd advise you stick to tech kit though and ignore the people and animal ones.
Thats the ones...on a sunny day it's like a combat zone..shrapnel everywhere 

Scrumpy

Vlad.. How I envy you your brand new dibber..

My lawn is in a bad way.. I have destroyed all the weeds on it that spread like wildfire..
Come the Autumn I need to put grass seed down because I have so many bald patches..
I have a large bag of quick growing grass seed..
I will mix it with compost .. scatter it.. water it and tread it in..
If anyone has any SIMPLE tips to offer I would be happy to read them..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Quote from: Vlad on August 19, 2024, 07:01:04 PMI opened a couple of dozen Lupin seed pods by hand today without any instructions...I broke a finger nail..
Every now and then I have a gardening/ houseplant problem which I google in the hope of finding a solution. Invariably google points to YouTube, which is ok  if you want opposing views so I tend to go for tge simplest answer because it's easier for my brain cell....I totally ignore anything on YouTube that deals in anything techie..Why? The solution will inevitably be posted by a 12 year old from Uttar Pradesh who will invariably begin his presentation with, "Vot's up guys?" and then continue in a strangulated version of American Hinglish. The presentation will then be delivered at a speed and in language that makes it virtually incomprehensible.
But I  shall plant my seeds in September..I have a nice new dibber...

I hate to disillusion you sweetie,  but have a look at this:

Sow Lupin seeds in early to mid-spring. The large seeds have a tough coating, so it is best to nick them with a knife, then soak them in water for 24 hours before sowing. They should germinate in 10–14 days at 10–15°C (50–59°F).

Scrumpy

Yearly check up at the doctors today.. Blood and urine test..
I guess they are just checking up that I am still here..
Then walk into town for a coffee.. With a mate..

Alex

Book a man to fix m fridge freezer

Vlad

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 19, 2024, 07:29:38 PMVlad.. How I envy you your brand new dibber..

My lawn is in a bad way.. I have destroyed all the weeds on it that spread like wildfire..
Come the Autumn I need to put grass seed down because I have so many bald patches..
I have a large bag of quick growing grass seed..
I will mix it with compost .. scatter it.. water it and tread it in..
If anyone has any SIMPLE tips to offer I would be happy to read them..
Do it now....google overseeding...I did mine last month.

August 20, 2024, 08:51:39 AM
Quote from: Mups on August 19, 2024, 10:50:51 PMI hate to disillusion you sweetie,  but have a look at this:

Sow Lupin seeds in early to mid-spring. The large seeds have a tough coating, so it is best to nick them with a knife, then soak them in water for 24 hours before sowing. They should germinate in 10–14 days at 10–15°C (50–59°F).

Yep..can also be planted in September, the boy from Uttar Pradesh said so 

klondike

How did them lupins ever manage to reproduce before google came along  :rolleyes:

Scrumpy

Quote from: Vlad on August 20, 2024, 08:49:47 AMDo it now....google overseeding...I did mine last month.

August 20, 2024, 08:51:39 AM
Thank you.. I have read Google overseeding as you suggest.. I will do it tomorrow..

klondike

Looks like showers are over so out for a wander. Guaranteed to start again at my furthest distance from home regardless of the weather app.

dextrous63

Have started to dethatch my lawn to remove the moss as well.  Will overseed it and it'll have a month or so for the seed to sprout, before a bit of top dressing at the end of September.