The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

Vlad

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 20, 2024, 09:23:36 AMThank you.. I have read Google overseeding as you suggest.. I will do it tomorrow..
No prob..weather is ideal, lawn is damp and rain forecast..but don't thank me, a blank cheque for Vlad Gardening Services will suffice. 
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

Quote from: Vlad on August 20, 2024, 01:27:08 PMand rain forecast
As I predicted it put on a repeat performance while I was out. Luckily while I was near easy shelter. It wasn't heavy and didn't last long.

Mups

Went to the local garden centre for some houseplant compost,  but got side tracked looking at other things.
Go home, and realised I still hadn't got the compost, so had to go back out again!   :rolleyes:

klondike

Happens whenever I go upstairs to do something but so far as I recall not when going to buy something specific. So far as I recall  :rolleyes:

Vlad

I have the urge to paint my loft a Saffrony sort of colour or maybe a Lemon Punch. 

dextrous63

Vlad, once you see the price of paint nowadays, your enthusiasm will wane considerably😳

Mups

Just had 2 slices of toast with cheese spread and a big mug of tea.
Thought you'd really want to know that. 

Vlad

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 21, 2024, 08:40:11 AMVlad, once you see the price of paint nowadays, your enthusiasm will wane considerably😳
I was thinking of making my own.

Scrumpy

Waiting for some rain.. need to sow some grass seeds..

De-frosting the freezer.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Just been to the garage to put air in my tires.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on August 21, 2024, 11:37:25 AMJust been to the garage to put air in my tires.
A job I hate... I always have to ask someone for help.. Bloody stupid..

Alex

I picked my lad up and he did them.  I can't get the little screws off, PLUS there's no 20 pence air now, it went up to £1, but now it's card only.   No wonder 'old people'  struggle  :grin:

p.s, I'm sure I typed  'tyres' but the US version came up.

klondike

I bought a combined battery booster and tyre pump. It came from Lidl, Can't recall price but probably not a lot more than £50. Fixes both types of flat. Sods law says when I need it myself it will be flat, I have used it to start a neighbours car and once my own plus keep the tyres topped up.

Scrumpy

klondike

That excitement comes to these parts tomorrow but your post reminds me to put up my notice reminding me to put it out. It also reminded me that once again I forgot to wipe out the microwave so that one can go up too.