Will you be answering Brandon's call ?

Started by Alex, July 11, 2023, 02:39:10 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 13, 2023, 11:32:56 AMBomber County.. !! Interesting.. Don't tell 'em Pike..!!
It'll eventually be called Bombay County 🤭😳🥹🤬

Jacqueline

Quote from: Alex on July 13, 2023, 10:57:50 AMIncompetent 'planning ' from these morons in charge.  How I detest this government and I can't defend them over anything.  Presumably the people in charge of this at the Home Office, are young lefties and probably of foreign descent.  Why should they care about the history of this once great country?

Your right they don't, and our young people are not taught our history either.  I remember once when my granddaughter was young, we were talking about Lord Nelson and she hadn't a clue who he was, she knew who Nelson Mandela was though.

dextrous63

Lord Nelson?  Isn't that a wrestling hold?😬

Jacqueline

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 13, 2023, 12:57:59 PMLord Nelson?  Isn't that a wrestling hold?😬
I thought that was a half Nelson :rolleyes:

dextrous63

Quote from: Jacqueline on July 13, 2023, 12:59:11 PMI thought that was a half Nelson :rolleyes:
Oh yeah.  Anyway, Lorn Nelson is the name of a pub.

klondike

Quote from: Raven on July 13, 2023, 11:45:56 AMYes I think your correct, I don't remember seeing that name on any voting paper. I'll have to do some homework this time around I think.  :wink:
Do you remember seeing "The  Brexit Party" on any of them?
It's the same party but with an updated name as Brexit is now a done, if hardly completed, deal.

dextrous63

The main man said they were going to stand in every seat, so one can only assume that includes Scotland.

Jacqueline

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 13, 2023, 01:11:42 PMOh yeah.  Anyway, Lorn Nelson is the name of a pub.
I had a great uncle named Nelson, came from Norfolk, quite common name for men in those parts back then,  He wasn't a lord though nothing so posh in my family.  I met my husband in The Victory pub named after Nelson's ship.

Alex

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 13, 2023, 01:11:42 PMOh yeah.  Anyway, Lorn Nelson is the name of a pub.

Isn't that a Scottish sausage  ?  :smiley:

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 13, 2023, 01:37:53 PMThe main man said they were going to stand in every seat, so one can only assume that includes Scotland.
I'm not so sure about that.

I understood that ALL of the Scots vote for the SNP.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Quote from: JBR on July 13, 2023, 04:29:40 PMI'm not so sure about that.

I understood that ALL of the Scots vote for the SNP.

They used to, I think many of them have seen the light - at last.

klondike

Another demonstration of Go woke Go broke. Plus since that the delicate aroma of financial irregularities. Unless something changes they'll be lucky to get half the seats. That assumes that there isn't more dung set atop the current heap of course in which case it could be well less than half. Consider this - even Raven is losing faith in them.

It isn't all that long since I was expecting that the SNP would be propping up a Labour government in return for a fresh referendum. The Tory disaster says that Labour won't need propping up and will benefit from both Tory and SNP gifted seats.

Fasten that seatbelt. We are in for a very rough ride,

dextrous63

Maybe the immigrants and asylum seekers ought to stand, since they seem to know how to get things done👳🏿

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 13, 2023, 06:22:46 PMMaybe the immigrants and asylum seekers ought to stand, since they seem to know how to get things done👳🏿
Give 'em two or three generations...

and once in power they won't need democratic elections.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on July 13, 2023, 07:51:10 PMGive 'em two or three generations...

and once in power they won't need democratic elections.
They tend to be more racist and far less woke than us.  Ironically, they'd probably slow the illegal boat influx pdq.