going abroad following the sun,

Started by alfred, June 18, 2023, 08:37:03 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

With so many strikes and disruption of rail travel and road congestion, is it really worth going to another country to which many still have covid plus any other viruses  which i seems can be collected by another person , so with all this going on isnt far safer to stay at home and use the garden as a  way of getting a tan even thought he weather is dodgy due to sun burn and the possibility of getting cancer as well.

Q; so is it worth all the hassle of booking a flight  , boarding passes, and getting to the airport two hours ahead of time simply to  get your seat on a plane for a flight to a country where uncertainty problems could   ruin a holiday following the sun ?

have you any thoughts on sun, travel, and problems ,  strikes, plus delays. if so will you share your thoughts with us,

Michael Rolls

I have no intention of ever going abroad again. Quite apart from the hassle you mention, without Veronica - where's the point?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

We went to Cuba earlier this year because India were giving us problems with visas.  The visa problem is resolved now so we are off to South Goa for our 30th wedding anniversary later this year.  

Crabby hasn't been around for a long time.  We were going to meet up with him for a drink.

Scrumpy

Sheila.. If you want Crabbie's email I will give it to you.. he won't mind..

I am off to Devon for a break later this month.. I go there every year...
 I have travelled to many countries over the years.. Flying doesn't interest me much..
My best times was  packing up the tourer and just go.. Usually West..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

Thanks Scrumpy.  I do have the address from ages ago.  Have you heard from him at all?

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 18, 2023, 08:54:39 AMI have no intention of ever going abroad again. Quite apart from the hassle you mention, without Veronica - where's the point?
Although I've never been abroad, I have been to Scotland a few times & although I won't go & leave the furry ones, even if I could I'm in the same camp as you insomuch as I see no point in going away just to be lonely. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Raven

Where I go Dageus goes, on occasion he needs a doggie sitter and he usually goes to my daughter who loves him like her own. We are heading West to do an island tour in a few weeks, first time Himself has been properly away for a long time. Looking forward to returning to Mull, my home island.

Michael Rolls

have a great time - you deserve it!
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 19, 2023, 06:12:16 AMhave a great time - you deserve it!

Thankyou Mike, have only ever been on a few of the islands so this is something I have always fancied. We are going to book a boat trip out to staffa to see Fingal's Cave, hope it plays the music for us. Also another wander along the Jura Cliffs to see the Corryvreckan hopefully it will be a rough sea that day, get the full effect lol my dad took us girls when we were wee and it scared me stiff seeing a huge whirlpool.

Michael Rolls

we loved Mull and Skye, went to each several times, also went to Lewis and Harris, OK, but not a patch on the other two.
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 18, 2023, 05:57:01 PMI know the feeling, Phil
In fact, to me, going away alone would just rub it in that I'm alone as I'd be thinking what shall I do today & not what shall we do today.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 19, 2023, 08:49:05 AMexactly
The main enjoyment was the day's planning & discussion about what to do.
[email protected]

JBR

In the Telegraph yesterday, I read the suggestion that more and more 'rich people' (obviously not including me or Brian!) are choosing to emigrate and take their money with them.

Who can blame them?  Costs of essential services and, of course, taxes of various types, are going to increase because the government needs ever more money to pay for our increasing population - legal and illegal.

There are many safe and democratically-run countries in the world which would welcome what such rich people, with skills and influence as well as money, bring with them.

But what will we be left with?
(Answers on a thick bundle of reams of paper, please!)
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire