Great, Just Bloody Great.

Started by Raven, March 30, 2023, 01:56:43 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on March 30, 2023, 04:52:23 AMis there no end to this idiocy?
Not when there's big money to be made from the net zero idiocy.

I've read through most of the links in the article, so thanks for posting it Raven.

Just like absolute zero can't be reached, neither can net zero be reached.

Net zero can only be made to appear to have been reached by using spurious smoke & mirrors methods.

In the meantime we'll just pay the £100 per year fines that will be levied for using gas because it would take 180 years for the £100 per year 'fine' to cost more than a £18,000 heat pump system.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Ashy

I think we may have to find some other politicians.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Would it actually matter? You'd need to be very unlucky to end up with worse ones.

This bloody shower seem to have a death wish. Doubtless lots of nice directorships lined up for when they get kicked out on their arses at the next election. Then rinse and repeat and we'll be kicking out the ones that replaced them.

Sheila

Friends of ours say that they may not vote in the next general election.  Normally I would be shocked but I see their point of view.  I think it was Richard Tice who said that there would be a Reform candidate in every area.  If we have one, I'll vote Reform.
In the local election I always vote Lib Dem.  They are always around and are very helpful.

klondike

I have voted for a decent Liberal local candidate in the past but after their stance on Brexit I could never again vote Liberal  regardless of the quality of the candidate.

Alex

I'll vote Reform too, very disappointed with the so called 'Tories' but Labour just doesn't bear thinking about.

Raven

I won't be voting again untill there is a party worth voting for IMO. :yell:

My whole house is gas, the heating, the cooker and the fire, I like gas and don't want to rip it out for electric stuff. :angry:

No gas at the farm,  it's oil central heating, coal/wood open fires and an electric cooker that I hate (to used to gas)
The cooker is why I use my slow cooker so much but I will use the oven for roasts or chicken or fish. It's the lack of control with the hobs I hate, and I have always had a hard time with it.  :cry:

Alex

I could never get use to an electric cooker, easier to judge with gas.

klondike

Microwaves are easy to judge. 7mins on high does most ready meals  :grin:

Alex

You tried making custard in a microwave  ? :grin:  :grin:

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on March 30, 2023, 02:54:56 PMI won't be voting again untill there is a party worth voting for IMO. :yell:

My whole house is gas, the heating, the cooker and the fire, I like gas and don't want to rip it out for electric stuff. :angry:

No gas at the farm,  it's oil central heating, coal/wood open fires and an electric cooker that I hate (to used to gas)
The cooker is why I use my slow cooker so much but I will use the oven for roasts or chicken or fish. It's the lack of control with the hobs I hate, and I have always had a hard time with it.  :cry:
The problem with electric hobs is you need to switch them off 5 minutes before a pan boils over.

As a former lifelong staunch Conservative voter & party member, I'm now a paid member of Reform so I'll vote for them whenever they field a candidate in our area.

If they don't field a candidate I won't vote.

The Conservative Party bosses stuck two fingers up to me when they appointed Sunak, who is bought & paid for by his Indian father-in-law who'll have considerable input into running the UK from behind the scenes.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Alex on March 30, 2023, 04:38:46 PMYou tried making custard in a microwave  ? :grin:  :grin:
The trick is to take it out of the tin  :grin:

March 30, 2023, 07:05:05 PM
Quote from: Diasi on March 30, 2023, 05:12:35 PMbought & paid for by his Indian father-in-law who'll have considerable input into running the UK from behind the scenes.
If the polling is to be believed and no miracle occurs his only influence will be with the leader of a small opposition party. Assuming his son even gets returned.