Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Vlad

It has stopped raining ish here in Brum, I have plenty of rain water for the houseplants.
Toilet cistern stopped working so booked a dynorod guy to come and sort it. I can barely live with excitement 

September 23, 2024, 09:57:44 AM
Quote from: Raven on September 22, 2024, 12:12:58 PMMorning, Started off beautiful here first thing, but as it got lighter it clouded over :cry: Had my latte at the dounes bench overlooking Dunnet Bay and watching the ocean. Beautiful Sunrise thought we were in for a nice day. Off with the Clydes for a wee hack after lunch if it stays dry.

You use a camera phone phone for that shot Raven? 
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

Had stitches out today. As it was so wet the last few days I'm down on my exercise schedule so decided to walk. Thought I may as well walk back along the river to see what state it is in after all the rain. Answer about 3 feet higher than usual and I had to divert away from the riverbank as it needed wellies at least to avoid soaking wet feet.

Raven

Looks a nice walk, even nicer when it's dry.

Scrumpy

I like the look of your river walk Klondike..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Vlad

I walked hand in hand with my daughter from the car park to the surgery for my bi monthly blood tests, both of us smiling, 'memories eh dad?' It took me back to the days I walked her home from school. 
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Scrumpy

Walking hand in hand with your daughter.. !! That is great..
I spent the week-end with  two of my grandchildren.. 
They waited on me.. We went into town.. They wanted to carry my bag.. and pay for my stuff.. No way would I allow that..

klondike

Back from shooting. Cleaned the gun and put it away. Cup of tea and then a walk. Glance outside and

IT'S DAMNED WELL RAINING AGAIN.

Weather map suggests it's only a local shower. Dare I chance it? I'll have to wear something waterproof.

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on September 25, 2024, 03:50:08 PMWeather map suggests it's only a local shower. Dare I chance it? I'll have to wear something waterproof.
Pampers!! Tena Men !!

klondike

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Waterproof I use for fishing. It worked. I did have to cut the walk a bit shorter than I intended.

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 25, 2024, 04:56:03 PMPampers!! Tena Men !!

Do they make Tena Men?  😮

Did an hour cutting stuff back in the garden, then went to an aqua aerobics class (the pool was fffffffreezing), not much once I got home. It's been raining fairly steadily the last couple of hours.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Mups

This morning had an appointment at the GP's first thing,  then after that I popped in the Vet's to ask for another prescription for my dog's ongoing medication.  I  then stopped by Tesco's on the way home to have a quick nibble in their cafe.    Then stopped again for some petrol on the way home.

This afternoon I got the last of my autumn bedding planted ready for spring flowering, and did a bit of weeding.
10 mins after I'd finished it started pouring down again,  and it hasn't stopped since.   
Oh well,  at least its watering all the  new young plants in for me. 

Chicken casserole for tea, and that's me done.  :smiley:

Mups

Quote from: klondike on September 25, 2024, 03:50:08 PMBack from shooting. Cleaned the gun and put it away. Cup of tea and then a walk. Glance outside and

IT'S DAMNED WELL RAINING AGAIN.

Weather map suggests it's only a local shower. Dare I chance it? I'll have to wear something waterproof.
Is that clay pigeon shooting, Klondike?

klondike

Yes. Do you have any recipes  :grin:

I got the certificate after an 18 month wait at the start of the year. It's a postcode lottery on how long they take to issue them and here is slow. 

Still learning but getting gradually better. Probably easier for youngsters.

Mups

Quote from: klondike on September 25, 2024, 09:14:58 PMYes. Do you have any recipes  :grin:

I got the certificate after an 18 month wait at the start of the year. It's a postcode lottery on how long they take to issue them and here is slow.

Still learning but getting gradually better. Probably easier for youngsters.
Isn't everything!

I am really glad you don't go out shooting animals though.  Good man.  :upvote: