Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Silver Tabby

Raven

Another nice day, been working in the greenhouse the past couple of hours, after lunch will do a bit of weeding. I'm driving over to Dornie on the West Coast this evening to meet my daughter who is staying there for the week. I've never been over to Skye so I'm taking the chance while she's there, I want to explore the Jurassic Coast with all the dinosaur foot prints and bones ect, and see the Dino Museum at Staffin, so I'll be away for a few more days.

klondike

Raven

Quote from: klondike on August 14, 2024, 12:40:25 PMHave fun.

Thankyou, hope the weather plays nice, but I'll pack my mac anyway. :halo:

klondike

Always wise up that a way from what I see on the weather charts whenever I look. 

First land after the winds have been crossing 3000 miles of ocean is always going to get first refusal on their water content. Same for Ireland too of course.

You do get compensations though. We get dry here but we also have boring.

Alex

Have a good trip Raven,  :upvote: 1970s was the last time I was on Skye and I loved the tranquility of the place, bet it's changed a lot !

dextrous63

Have had a profitable start to the day.  Woke up and completed all of the Sun puzzles (it's a gentle way to get the brain cells going), then thought I'd have a stab at the grauniad cryptic.  They must have employed a child to write this one since it took me 15mins to complete, instead of 2 days (and having to reveal some answers).  I'd prefer the Telegraph's crossword, but you have to pay for that!

Have had breakfast (home made prawn toast leftover from last night, air fried instead of deep), a cinnamon roll that my daughter made and a glass of grapefruit juice which she made fresh on Saturday.

Off out to a tuition in a bit, then nothing much else planned other than to make a black bean sauce to use in a stir fry tomorrow.

Have a good one, each and all.

Alex

Raven

Just catching up around here, saw on the weather that it's 10 degrees colder up here than down south, time to get the Fleeces freshened up.

Michael Rolls

Mary, my s-i-l goes home today so, as usual when someone stays a while, it will take me a couple or three days to get used to the empty house again
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Taking the youngest granddaughter out for lunch and shopping today, then meeting my daughter (her mum) when she finishes work.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

I need to clean the inside of my car, but that should be in the boring thread......

dextrous63

Have done the tip run, got something from toolstation and meat slices from Aldi, done some household chores, had breakfast and tutored an A level student.

Having a cuppa before taking my daughter to work, getting her car valeted, do some more shopping, dropping her clean car back for her at work, walking home (will do a litter pick as I go), then drill a hole and run a cable through it.  Then make a pear tatin.  I'm between, I'll dethatch a bit more lawn.

So, just another quiet day 😬

Alex

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 20, 2024, 12:39:35 PMHave done the tip run, got something from toolstation and meat slices from Aldi, done some household chores, had breakfast and tutored an A level student.

Having a cuppa before taking my daughter to work, getting her car valeted, do some more shopping, dropping her clean car back for her at work, walking home (will do a litter pick as I go), then drill a hole and run a cable through it.  Then make a pear tatin.  I'm between, I'll dethatch a bit more lawn.

So, just another quiet day 😬

Show off !  :cool:

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on August 20, 2024, 04:30:20 PMShow off !  :cool:
Not at all, although I did manage to clean the bathroom as well, and prepare tomorrow's tutorial. :grin: :grin:  Oh, and I did the ironing :embarrassed: