Alignment

Started by Michael Rolls, March 01, 2022, 09:42:55 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

I have quite a few pictures on the walls of the lounge. No Renoirs or the like, all family photos, a mix in size of A4s and 16x12. No matter how I try, I cannot get them to hang lined up with one another. Veronica was a dab hand at the task, but as I sit here, I can see yet again where pictures don't quite line up properly. I reckon it's a conspiracy!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

zoony

Mike, I have lots of pictures and photos on my wall, most in different sizes of frame but it doesn't matter at all. The memories that go with them are all conveniently in the same place, my head. Unless you're a neatness-freak, which you may well be, it's just not important. :nooo:

Michael Rolls

Very true, and if Veronica could have heard a suggestion that I might be a neatness freak she would have laughed her socks off! The content of the pictures is a million times more important than the minor niggle. You're quite right - thanks
Mike 👍👍👍
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I know what you mean Mike.  We have some photos displayed, but mostly in standing frames.  Just a few hanging, it niggles when they're not straight.  We also have a moving rug that drives me nuts. Its in front of the fireplace in the sitting room, and seems to have a life of its own.   :grin:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Don't - we have a big Persian - I suppose theoretically a rug, but it is 15'x12', and even so it moves of its own accord. The lounge is quite big and it sits on the boring grey fitted carpet and one would expect the friction between the two to keep in immobile, but not so. It also contributed to me having a nasty fall in September. The chairs sit on the fitted carpet and getting up from one of them, I must have caught my foot in the edge of the rug, because I came round on the floor, having hit a table - and broken it - on the way down. Don't know how long I was out, but I had a hell of a headache for the rest of the day - this happened early afternoon.
That was the second time I have done something like that - we had a small rug inside the front door (now removed!). This was about a year ago  - Tesco man delivered, I opened the door to him, must have somehow sort of half turned away, because I came round on the floor, having hit my head on the doorframe. Scared the life out of the driver, who saw my neighbour in his garden and called him over, but my skull must be pretty thick - think  I gave myself a mild concussion - nauseous, slurred speech for a while, but it soon passed.
Mike
[email protected]

Alex

I have to have pictures straight, it's a mild form of OCD perhaps ?  :grin:

Michael Rolls

I like to think of it as the sign of a good upbringing
Mike 😁😁
[email protected]

klondike

It's easier to tilt your head a bit....

Scrumpy

I have a large rug 10ft by 8ft in the living room.. It is on a wooden floor.. I have to line it up with the floorboards to make sure it is straight.. A big mirror also catches my eye if it is slightly off..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Quote from: Michael Rolls on March 02, 2022, 11:47:19 AM
I like to think of it as the sign of a good upbringing
Mike 😁😁

I'll settle for that!  :grin:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

I had grippers under both rugs, although nit the ones in the link
Mike
[email protected]